Search for content in message boards

Atlas Griffin and Elizabeth "Biddy" Holt

Atlas Griffin and Elizabeth "Biddy" Holt

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Atlas Griffin and his wife Elizabeth "Biddy" Holt were my G-G-G-Grandparents and I'm seeking information on them. I haven't been able to find much on her family and absolutely none on Atlas' line. Atlas lived from 1809-1853 and Biddy from 1809-? both in Johnston County. A big thanks to anyone who would like to share anything!

Re: Atlas Griffin and Elizabeth "Biddy" Holt

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Griffin, Holt
Hi there! I just joined ancestry.com but I found this message pretty quickly. I am also a great x forever granddaughter of Atlas Griffin and Elizabeth Biddy Holt. I haven't found much either. I know that the Tuscarora Nation is doing research about their bloodlines that settled along the Neuse River, where the Holts/Griffins were. I am waiting to hear back from the geneologists within the Tuscarora Nation of North Carolina. If I hear anything, I will let you know! If you have found anything out, please let me know! Thank you!

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 4:24AM GMT
Hi! It's wonderful to hear from you. This news just made my day! Please do share any information you learn about Atlas & Biddy's line and I will certainly do the same. Do you have any oral traditions that have been passed on about them? The only thing I know is that Tempie Barbour (my great great grandmother) was said to have been Native American. She was the granddaughter of Atlas & Biddy. We've done DNA testing in our family and the Native American from this line has indeed shown up quite well. It would be absolutely awesome to be able to finally prove this deep mystery with a genealogical paper trail! Thanks so much.

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 3:45PM GMT
The Tuscarora lived along the Neuse River and I was always told that we descended from the Tuscarora peoples. I am very active in the Native American community actually because my paternal side is Native as well. The Southern Band Tuscarora acknowledge several of our surnames. As soon as I know more I share it with you!!! It's nice to meet a distant relative!!! Here is my email address: selukaterivargas@gmail.com

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 9:33AM GMT
I descend from the Randall Holt line. However, many times I will put other people with a surname I'm interested in into my database, in case one day I'm able to connect them to my family lines.

I have Biddy Holt and Atlas Griffin in my database. I don't have who Biddy's parents are. Do you have the names of her parents.

Diane Pollard Keiser

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 1:21PM GMT
Elizabeth "Biddy" Holts parents were John Holt (born between 1770-1775 and died in 1832- from Johnston Co. NC) and Mary Polly Jordan (1775-? also from Johnston Co. NC).

John Holt's parents: Richard Holt 1748-1823 (Virginia born) and Elizabeth Searcy 1750-1821 (Isle of Wight Co. Virginia)

I do not know who Mary Polly Jordan's parents were :( I am still working on that!

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 9:47PM GMT
Thank you for the information. I have put it in my database. This will help if I should find a possible connection to my Holts.

Diane Pollard Keiser
per page

Find a board about a specific topic