Search for content in message boards

Thomas Riley Parker Family

Thomas Riley Parker Family

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 7:59PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2001 6:47PM GMT
My granfather was Thoms Riley Parker he passed away in 1976. He was married to Bessie Floyd and had two daughters MaryAnn and Jonelle. He was married to a Trudie at one point. Then lastly he was married to my grandmother Molena Jones. They had six children John, Judy, Thomas, Charlotte, Leola and Robert. If any one had any info at all about where my family goes from here please help. I a m just beginning and Don't have much more than this to go on. I do know he grew up in Madisonville Texas and raised his children in Houston and Pasadena Texas. He lived in Centerville when he passed away. Thank you any help. Debbie

Parkers

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 11:25AM GMT
Hi Debbie, I am also looking for Parkers from Centerville Texas. My Parkers are Jay and Lula Mae, Maggie, Mattie, Minnie, Charlie, and a few others that I can't remember right off. If you recognize any of the names please let me know, because this is all of the info. that I have. Thanks. Dodie dodie.alba@gte.net

Parkers

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 11:25AM GMT
Hi Debbie, I am also looking for Parkers from Centerville Texas. My Parkers are Jay and Lula Mae, Maggie, Mattie, Minnie, Charlie, and a few others that I can't remember right off. If you recognize any of the names please let me know, because this is all of the info. that I have. Thanks. Dodie dodie.alba@gte.net

Parkers from Leon Co, TX

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:38PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:46AM GMT
Hi Debbie;
I am looking for a Thomas Parker who was age 8 on the 1880 census. He apparently was born c. 1871-72 and came to TX with his father P.M. Parker (possibly Pleasant Montgomery) and 6 older siblings.
On the 1880 Leon Co. census he was the youngest and P.M. was a widower. I know what happened to 2 of the 7 children, but am searching for descendents of the others, including Thomas.
You did not give any dates (even estimated) in your posting, but as Centerville is the capital of Leon Co, I wonder perhaps your Thomas was, or was a son of, 'my' Thomas?
You can contact me directly at rmparker@gvtc.com.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Thomas Riley Parker Family

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker
Do you know who your Thomas Riley's Parents were? I have Parker relatives in Texas and Oklahoma. I have also heard of the name Thomas Riley in my family.

ang

Re: Parkers

Maureen Parker (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2003 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: PARKER, LUMMUS, SHIREY
I spotted your April 2001 message about Parkers from Centerville, Texas. That's in Leon County.
You didn't give any dates, and I am curious about what timeframe you are talking about. Perhaps you have more information now than you had 2 years ago.
My husband's ancestors were in Leon County, Texas in 1880: P.M. Parker, 55, widower, was with his 7 children: J.S. (male) age 23, Mary age 20, Margaret 19, Sonny/Sammy/Danny (unreadable name) age 14, Rebecca age 13, Ples (Pleasant Montgomery) 10, and Thomas age 8. I'm giving you these ages by memory, but they're within a year.
This entire famlily was born in TN, per the 1880 Leon Co. census, but I've never been able to find them on the 1870 or 1860 TN census records.
Mary married William Edward Lummus in 1880/81, and Ples married Eliza Shirey in 1890 in Leon Co, TX. I have no idea what happened to any of the others, and this family has been my most frustrating brick wall.
If you think we might link, I'd be thrilled to hear from you! Feel free to contact me directly at rmparker@gvtc.com.
Thanks.

Posted: 15 May 2003 2:20AM GMT
I was not the one who sent the message back in April but I'm trying to locate some of my ancestors named Parker. My Great Grandfather's name was Abner James Parker, SSN. 261-09-7207, born 11/3/1854, died 3/6/1942 in Perry,Taylor County, Florida. Married Ella Leggette(1st. wife) on 11/7/1880 who was born in 1858, died in 1891. Married Winnie Virginia Kendrick(2nd. wife) on 12/2/1894 who was born on /28/1874, died on 10/2/1942. all three are buried at Shiloh Cemetary in Perry ,Fl. Abner and Ella had Abner Cuthbert, Theodore Mills, Fletcher and Claire Parker. Abner and Winnie had Kansas Clayton, Olon, JD(Dalton) and Shellie Parker. My ancesters came from England by way of Ireland to South Carolina then split up to Texas and Georgia on down to Florida. I have no names or any info before Abner James Parker. Reply to Larry Parker Sr. E-Mail Address is spacedog@gtcom.net. Thanks

Posted: 15 May 2003 2:32AM GMT
Abner James Parker and Winnie Virginia Kendrick Parker also may be the parents of Lorena - b.6/9/1912, d.5/19/1914, Ruth V. - b.6/25/1904, d. 9/24/1909, George - b. 9/12/1895 d. 11/12/1895, Wiley G. - b.8/3/1897 - d.12/3/1897. All are buried in Shiloh Cemetary in Perry, Florida.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions