Search for content in message boards

Joseph Mize b1774 VA? d. 1853 IL

Joseph Mize b1774 VA? d. 1853 IL

Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 5:39PM GMT
Surnames: Mize, Burress
Looking for information on Josph MIZE born ca October 1774, maybe VA. Married Rachel (?) born ca Nov 1790. Joseph Mize died 2 Nov 1853 at Crawford Co.,IL and is buried at the Old City Cemetery, Hutsonville IL. Known child was Mahala MIZE who married William C. BURRESS.
Other children could be Elizabeth; Thompson; John; Hiram or Henry; and maybe Permilia. This family could have lived in VA;TN;IN and IL
Will share information.
Jacqueline Eufemi
jeufemi_001@email.msn.com

Joseph Mize b. abt. 1777 in VA

Oneita Brimberry (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mize, Burris, Dutch, Albin
Jacqueline,
I am searching for Joseph Mize b. abt. 1777 in VA, he married Rachel Dutch, b. 1793 of GA and some of their children were born in eastern TN and some in IN. Joseph and Rachel are my ggg-grandparents. The children I have found are Mahala, b. in 1810 in TN, who married William Clinton Burris; John F., B. 1819 in Tn, who married Mary ___?; Thompson, b. 1826 in IN, who married Margaret Spilkey, 30 Nov 1848; Hiram F., b. 1828 in IN; Parmelia J., b. 1835 in IN. There are probably other children who I do not have, this information came from Census records of Crawford Co., IL. Mahala Mize and William Clinton Burris are my gg-grandparents and their oldest daughter Elizabeth Burris, b. 1830 in IN, who married John Jacob Albin, b. 1828 in Nelson Co., KY are my g-grandparents. The information above is about all I have on the Mize family, as I have just recently found the connection. Any information as to who the father of Joseph Mize is would be appreciated.

Oneita Brimberry

TN & IL Mizes

Posted: 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: Mize
Was your Joseph Mize in the Overton Co., Tennessee area at one time and what part of Illinois was he located?

Joseph Mize

Posted: 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: Mize
I wonder if your Joseph could be another son of Benjamin Mize of Rowan Co., NC, later of Patrick Co., VA, later of Barron Co., KY. A large group of the family moved via Tennessee, to Kentucky, then to Illinois and Iowa. His son, James Mize named one of his sons Thompson Mize. The names are so familar and they were following the same migration pattern that it seems possible he is another son.

Please respond directly by e-mail to nomrah@netdoor.com if you want further details.

Joseph Mize b. abt. 1777 in VA

Oneita Brimberry (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mize, Dutch, Burris, Albin
Jim,
Sorry I took so long to answer your question, I don't get back to this site often. I don't know what county in TN Joseph was in, but it is in eastern TN. When they moved from TN they went to Sullivan Co., IN and from there to Crawford Co., IL just across the Wabash River. I live in Crawford Co., IL. It is interesting that he also named a son Thompson Mize. I descend through his oldest daughter Mahala Mize, b. abt. 1813 in TN,who married William C. Burris in eastern TN abt. 1829. They all moved to Sullivan Co., IN and Crawford Co., IL at the same time.

Oneita Brimberry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic