Search for content in message boards

Potters cemetery

Potters cemetery

John Miller (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2004 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2004 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Carter
Would anyone know what happened to the bodies that were in the potters cemetery located behind the health dept?. Or were the records for the cemetery are located. I am looking for information on Isaac Carter born 1826 in Fauquier county Virginia died July 4 1905 at Montview home in Frederick and buried in the potters cemetery. Thanks John Miller

Re: Potters cemetery

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 12:08AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 3:56AM GMT
John,I too have a gg-grandfather, died at the Montevue Home in 1922. but buried elsewhere.A local genealogist, Margaret Myers, saved many of the records before the cemetry was destroyed. Only a montument standing now to mark the spot. Ms. Myers,is planning or maybe already has donated all her genealogy collection to our local Historial Society,Frederick,Md. Hope this will give you a lead. g staley

John Miller (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2004 3:39PM GMT
Thanks for the information. Would you happen to know if the Historical Society has a web site and if they do lookups?. John Miller

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 3:56AM GMT
John, The internet address for our Historical Society www.hsfcinfo.org. Remember Ms. Myers, may not have turned her collection over to the society, as yet the phone # for the the society (301-663-1188) Faz (301) 663-0526 I would be willing to do the look-up for you except it might be a few months before I can do so. My husband is ill making it difficult for me to be away from home Our local library may have some info Their internet address fcpl.org Hope this will help. Gloria Syaley.

John Miller (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2004 9:45PM GMT
Gloria: Thankyou so much for all thre info. I am sorry to hear that your husband is ill, I will keep you both in my prayers. John

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 3:04AM GMT
John, were you able to find any info on the residents of Montivew Home or Potters Cemetery? Isaac Carter is an ancestor. I'd be interested to know if you ever located these records and would share. Thanks.

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 4:19PM GMT
Margaret Myers died about a year ago and the majority of her items went to the Historical Society. I'm not sure what information the HS has on the Potters field, and I'm not even sure how many people know it's there. I only learned about it a year or so ago. There is only a simple monument and and open field.

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Carter
Bryan, Thanks for your response. I have e-mailed the Historical Society in regards to Montview Home and Potters' Cemetery. No reply from them yet.

Posted: 3 Mar 2011 3:24AM GMT
I have not found the records for the potters field, but I do have alisting of the montvue home folks

Posted: 4 Mar 2011 1:25AM GMT
Can you send me the listing via e-mail? Address: cbhammons@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions