Search for content in message boards

Moses Hughes and Hughes family, VA, SC, AL, TX

Moses Hughes and Hughes family, VA, SC, AL, TX

Posted: 15 Nov 2004 9:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have recently completed a book on Moses Hughes of Lampasas County, TX. It includes chapters on the Hughes family from its Northern Neck, VA, roots in the early 1700s; following the family's move to Pittsylvania Co., VA; Abbeville Co., SC; St.Clair/Talledega Cos., AL; to Texas in 1835. Moses Hughes (1819-1903), the focus of the book came to Texas with his parents before Republic of Texas days, lived in central Texas before moving in the early 1850s to Lampasas Co.
The book includes allied lines: Dobbins, Senterfitt, Berry, Cullins, Smith.
The soft-cover book, which contains 260 pages, an every-name index, & copies of the Hughes Family Bible pages, is available from me for $23.00. This includes tax & s&h.

Re: Moses Hughes and Hughes family, VA, SC, AL, TX

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 12:08PM GMT
I am interested in the detail of the HUGHES families in SC and AL. The may be a connection, but would like more detail before I consider purchasing the book. Please email me direct. kc4fws@comcast.net.

Jim Hughes
Jacksonville, FL

Mary Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2004 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas Hughes and Margaret Tracy Hughes
My family is Thomas and Margaret Tracy Hughes from VA (orig Galway and Mayo Ireland). Do you have any info on this family? Can you give me info on the Hughes family book I read about? Thanks.

Posted: 18 Nov 2004 10:42AM GMT
No I do not have those specific names nor any book. WHat I am interested in is the connection with HUGHES in SC and AL. If those families are a connection then there may be new connections I am not aware of.

Jim Hughes

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 6:52AM GMT
Does your book have Cullins from VA, SC. I am especially intersted in the Cullins from Abbeville SC and VA before that. Please let me know. Thank you

Joan Wood (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2006 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Hughes, Garrett, Powell
There are several Moses Hughes in my family line. The oldest date I have is a Moses Hughes born to George Hughes and Rhoda Garrett in Laurens CO. S.C. in 1801.
Some of the family moved to Jefferson County Ala. and some to central Texas. I think George Hughes was from Virginia but am not sure.

Posted: 3 Nov 2006 10:53AM GMT
Surnames: HUGHES, BALL, CLARK, CULLINS
Do you include Nathaniel HUGHES of VA and his family? His son Moses stayed in AL while my ancestor, his son John (married Dorcas CULLINS) (temporarily in St. Clair Co. AL), moved to Burleson Co. TX. John's son William is my ancestor. William and his family stayed in Talladega Co. AL.

Posted: 29 May 2009 4:12AM GMT
I am descended through John's brother Moses' son Lankford.I would love to correspond with you and share information. Please e-mail me at dsbennett2008@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Dottie Bennett

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes / Hughs / Hews
Hello,
My name is Deborah. My Hughes ancestors arefrom William Hughes also. I would love to compare notes with you. William's son, Ruben Redman is my great grandfather.
I look forward to hearing from you. DHu2781022@aol.com

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 11:20AM GMT
Are you still on board and have book still available? Recently discovered the TX connection along with SC>GA>AL. Your book may provide further info on my HUGHES line prior to SC in 1785.

Jim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions