Search for content in message boards

Dunn's from the N/E England ? Ireland

Dunn's from the N/E England ? Ireland

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 1:00AM GMT
Hi there
Are you able to help me in my search into the Dunn tree?
This is what i have uncovered so far,
Father Keith Dunn b 5 10 1936 Newcastle,Lived in Birtley,brothers Alan and George.
Gf. NOrman Dunn,b 5.4.1910 Edmondsley brothers Robert and John,lived in Birtley with wife Elsie Wise b 26 6 1912.
Ggf.George Dunn b 12 5 1881 Pelton Fell,Married Annie Chapman b 23 4 1883.? other children.
Gggf Thomas Dunn ?dob ? wifes name
Any help as to where to look etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Amanda

Thomas Dunn

Mary Christine Dunn (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:24AM GMT
Hi Amanda,

Thomas Dunn born Jan 2, 1822 married
Betsy Briggs, Harriet Carter and Charolette Campbell.

Thomas's father was James Dunn born June 28, 1798. James married Salley Barker Born Jan 29, 1798. Salley father was John Barker and her mother was Betsy Leland.

James Dunn's father was Samuel Dunn born 1753 his wife was Phoebe Coyhendall. Phoebe's parents were Danial Coyhendall and Elizabeth.
Their children were
Sarah Dunn Sept3,1781
Peter Dunn Dec 23, 1783
Esther Dunn Aug 16, 1785
Danial Dunn 8 Dec. 1788
Samuel Dunn 28 Mar. 1791
James Dunn 28 June 1793
Thomas Dunn 12 Oct 1795
Jessie Dunn 14 May 1798
Lucy Dunn 13 March 1801
Phoebe Dunn 6 Jan 1804
George W. Dunn 12 Mar 1806
Jefferson Dunn 11 Feb 1808
Betsy Dunn 23 Mar 1811
Susanah Dunn 2 Mar 1813

Not sure if this helps you but I hope so.

Dunn in Alabama?

Posted: 27 May 2000 4:05AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 7:36AM GMT
Hi Mary,
I wonder to know that do Thomas have the children but one was Jack Dunn??? I wonder to know is your family from Alabama? How about at Goodwater Cemetery(near to Tuscaloos County? There is alot of Dunn who buried. Thanks...

Thomas Dunn

Tina (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2000 1:29PM GMT
Hi Tina,
I am in the middle of logging all of the Dunn history. There is confusion in regards to Thomas Dunn Because of poligimy. I have forgotten which Thomas I gave you information on. Our branch of the Dunn family come from Thomas Dunn born in Essex CO NJ October 12, 1795. Then his son Samuel Crandell Dunn son was also named Thomas Dunn born January 2, 1822 Phelps Ortario Co. N.Y. He was married to Betsy Briggs, Charolette Campbell and Harriet Carter. Our line then comes from his wife Charolette Campbell. From the record Harriet Carter show as his wife when poligimy was no longer allowed. I will need to get back to about Alabama as I should have all the tree completed and know who went where. Please let me know your address and I will you a copy of the complete family tree of information that I have been able to recapture.
Mary Dunn

jack dunn

jan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 8:44PM GMT
was his real name william jacks0n jack dunn
email me cryfasee@aol.com

Thomas James Dunn

Cleo S Griffin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 6:42PM GMT
I am trying to locate Thomas Dunns diary which was written after he came to Utah.
The Thomas I am refering to was born in 1822 at Phelps county, NY and had 4 wives, Betsy Briggs, Harreit Amelia{ my ggggrand mother} Lucinda Rose, and Charlotte Cambell. I am trying to do a history on Thomas and would appreciate any help.
Thank You

Thomas James Dunn

Cleo S Griffin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 6:42PM GMT
I am trying to locate Thomas Dunns diary which was written after he came to Utah.
The Thomas I am refering to was born in 1822 at Phelps county, NY and had 4 wives, Betsy Briggs, Harreit Amelia{ my ggggrand mother} Lucinda Rose, and Charlotte Cambell. I am trying to do a history on Thomas and would appreciate any help.
Thank You

Barker - Leland

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:58AM GMT
I'm also descended from them,. Do you have a question? There is a book written about elder John Leland.( a chid's book)I'm descended thru Daniel Dunn and Pamelia Barker.I got documented information thru some 3rd cousins. Daniel's son Samuel W. dunn(b1825 - d.1893) was my great grandpa. Darrah Dunn Stephen

Re: Thomas Dunn

Paul white (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2002 6:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is the Esther Dunn you have listed as born Aug 16 1785 born in Rennington Northumberland England?? If not do you have any other dunn connection in that area of england. in the 1790's give or take a few years?

Re: Thomas Dunn

Posted: 16 Dec 2005 7:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi

noticed your post about the Dunns of Rennington, my grandmothers family were all from there and i have them going back to early 1700s.
No Esthers as far as i can see in my branch, but Rennington is so small, they must be ewlated.

Lynn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions