Search for content in message boards

Robert Sturgeon & Charity Heady McAdoo

Robert Sturgeon & Charity Heady McAdoo

Posted: 5 Sep 2003 1:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Apr 2004 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Sturgeon
Does anyone have more information on this couple. All I can find posted is a wedding date of April or July 6, 1788 in Bourbon Co., KY. Did they have children? I have found a 2nd hand account of his being killed by Indians and it mentions descendants.

Re: Robert Sturgeon & Charity Heady McAdoo

Jaunita Cain (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2003 7:52PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2003 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Sturgeon, Buskirk
Robert Sturgeon, was married twice, and had several children. Names of first family, do not have at hand. Only names of Robert Jr. and Samuel from second family. Bring Sturgeon's Body In. Is included in some material that we have. His brother in law, Mr. Buskirk, was also killed by Indians, about the same time. His son Robert Sturgeon Jr. was also killed by Indians, as he was on way back from burying his father, according to that account.

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy
Jaunita,

Would love to hear more if you can find it. Robert and his wife Charity "Uncle Bob and Aunt Charity" raised my gr gr gr grandmother Clarisa (unknown) who married Daniel McCoy at Fort Valonia in the winter of 1811/1812 - per an account told by Daniel in 1881.

I thought she might have been orphaned and related to one of them - still trying to locate her maiden name - so I'd love to learn more about children of Robert.

Posted: 11 Sep 2003 2:15PM GMT
Hopefully someone will recognize this family and fill in some missing blanks. Gave you all the info we have. With all of the perils facing the pioneer families, it is a mighty wonder, that we have as much info as we do. Good luck in your search!

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 12:03PM GMT
Surnames: Sturgeon, Burskirk
Juanita,

Can you tell me how Robert and Burskirk were related - you say "His brother in law, Mr. Buskirk, was also killed by Indians, about the same time. His son Robert Sturgeon Jr. was also killed by Indians, as he was on way back from burying his father, according to that account." Did they marry sisters?

Where can I find a copy of the account of the killing?

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 2:15PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2003 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: Sturgeon, Sankey, Stevison, Calhoun
The article I have came from a notebook type ledger, put together by a couple who are both deceased. If you will email your regular address, will mail a copy to you of that page. We are related on the Maternal side of this couple, is how we got this ledger. Also related on the Sturgeon side, but, as yet haven't been able to put ours in place, our first known Sturgeon, was "Jipe" Sturgeon, married to Martha Sankey Sturgeon, in Del. which was a prov. of Pa. at that time. Their son John Russell Sturgeon, born Del. Feb. 25, 1776-77. Through Pa. and Va., first two wives of John Russell Sturgeon, names unknown. Married Ann V. Stevison Sturgeon, third wife, and our ancestor, Feb. 11, 1814, Washington Co. Pa. On Belmont Co. Ohio, 1820, Green Up Co. Ky., 1830, to Scioto Co. Ohio by 1835 and remainder of their time. Parents of Martha Sankey were Giles and Margaret Calhoun Sankey, married Holy Trinity or Ole Sweedes Church, Wilmington, New Castle Delaware, April, 1748.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic