Search for content in message boards

Wenzel from Gribigsdort, Prussia via Hamburg to Victoria settling in South Australia

Wenzel from Gribigsdort, Prussia via Hamburg to Victoria settling in South Australia

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 3:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wenzel, Crossman, Neuman, Farmer, Duck
Hello,

Frederick William Wenzel was born in 1832 in Girbigsdorft, Prussia, near the River Oder, son of Gottfried Wenzel and Johanna Dorothea Neuman. Nothing is known of his early life or that of his parents. His sister Pauline Emily, was born in 1840.
William, as he was known, left the Sprutan area of Prussia in 1849, sailing from Hamburg aboard the"Emmy" on the 11th September. He was accompanied by his mother Dorothea and 9 year old sister. His father was listed in the passenger list as being "dead" when the ship arrived in Melbourne, Victoria in December. Family remours indicate that he died suddenly on the wharf at Hamburg and his wife and children decided to continue their planned voyage to Australia. It is not known whether he was buried at sea or in Hamburg.
Thanks

Re: Wenzel from Gribigsdort, Prussia via Hamburg to Victoria settling in South Australia

Posted: 27 Dec 2010 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Wenzel, Wilson, Williams, Baulch, Eccles, Mackenzie
Hello Julesvern,
My name is Pam & my great grandmother was Pauline Emelie Wenzel,Frederick William's sister. I have noticed your login on some of my tree contacts. How are you related to the Wenzel connection? I am interested in finding relatives who may have any sort of photo's or documents they may like to share. I am forever hopeful of finding the rest of the family. I live in Melbourne S.E. Australia. Hoping to make contact.
Best regards & season's greetings
Pam

Re: Wenzel from Gribigsdort, Prussia via Hamburg to Victoria settling in South Australia

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: WENZEL
Hi Pamela I haven't done any family tree for awhile and found your reply to one of my messages about the Wenzel's in South Australia.
My mother's maiden name was Wenzel her father was Godfrey Harold Wenzel.
I would like to correspond via email if possible.
my email address is doye.ja@bigpond.com.
kind regards
Julie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic