Search for content in message boards

Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret (Carroll) Booth & Richard Goguen

Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret (Carroll) Booth & Richard Goguen

Posted: 9 May 2011 4:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 1:14PM GMT
My Second Cousin-Margaret Carrol (maiden name)...marries Eugene Booth...then divorces...And finally marries Richard Goguen!! All in Massachusetts...Looking for Records 1960+ - 2011...Oh I forgot a Birth Rec of Margaret Carroll, Worcester, Mass abt 1940...(Father-John Stephen Carroll...Railroad Brakeman {from Rutland, VT}& Mother Helen Delaney) And Finally the Marriage Rec of these two parents- about 1916, Worcester, Mass. St John's Church...? Thank-you, peace. jim delaney.

Re: Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret Booth nee Carroll & Richard Goguen

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 5:59AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 1:15PM GMT
Just wondering how do you find records of someone who was married, then divorced and remarried? What last names do you look under? This is for finding a "Great Cousin"? Child of my Great Aunt, who I met only once when I was about 9 years old...I'm looking for "Margaret Carroll" born about 1940 to parents: John Stephen Carroll & Helen Carrol nee Delaney in Worcester, Mass. USA. Margaret later married/divorced an Edward Booth...then later married a wonderful guy named Richard Goguen and after many years he passed away...Margaret is abt 70 years. (of course I do not know about children...) Thank-you for any guidance, help before hand...always appreciated...Peace, jim delaney.

Re: Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret Booth nee Carroll & Richard Goguen

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 3:53AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 1:15PM GMT
Jim,
I would try searching for the maiden name, first, which usually appears on vital records of this kind.

I presume Margaret is still living. If so, the state may require her permission to release these records to you.

If Margaret is not living, sugggest you look for obituaries under her last married name of Goguen. This would provide you with the names of her children,and where they were living at the time.

You could check obituaries for Richard Goguen, for any children.

If most of Margaret's life took place in Massachusetts, suggest you post to a county board in Massachusetts, (where Worcester is),rather than this one, for Rutland County, VT.

Good luck to you.

Anne Slatin

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 3:55AM GMT
Another thought - if you know where Mr. Goguen died, and in what year, you can check the county probate court for his will. That will lead you to some clues about his descendants.

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 2:02AM GMT
Hello Jim,
My mother, Helen Carroll, is older sister of Margaret Carroll, Booth, Goguen.

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: carroll
Hi Jim, My name is Debbie and Margaret Carroll is my mother. She is alive and doing well in west yarmouth ma.

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 5:55AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 1:16PM GMT
Dear Patrica Peck...I'm very sorry for the long delayed response to your "note" since late last year...which included a "move" and I'm still unpacking. I do not move well. Somehow I discovered your letter about your Mother...Great Aunt Helen Carroll nee Delaney...born 31 Jul 1898 in Worcester, Massachusetts...living at #92 Washington Street. I met your Mother once abt 1960...I was the oldest one of 3 siblings-only 8 years old of James Philip Delaney of West Hartford, CT. Your Mom was the very first relative of my father side of the family and was very nice...at that time I never met a "Great Aunt" before...I remember her smile and hugs and was it an "Irish accent" or was it just a Worcester dialect..."Soda was "Pop" and a Grinder was a "Hoogie" or "Sub". I remember having my first taste of "Moxie"...Meeting "Uncle Jack" and 2 to 3 older children...maybe late teens or early 20's...this was before President Kennedy died b/c I remember his Picture hanging on the Wall...Great Aunt Helen gave my Dad...his Father's Grave Service USA Flag...dated 1938 with 40 Stars...I have it today...I'm the "family historian" Ha, ha!I started with Ancestry back in 1994 after my daughter was born...only have 4 names...Helen J. Carroll nee DELANEY (what was your Mom's middle name?) John Carroll, James Henry DELANEY (your Mom's brother) my father's father...I'm named after. And the last name I had was Ellen "Ruby" Delaney nee COONEY...my Dad's Mom...of Chicopee, Mass. Its so sad that everyone seemed to have passed away before I was old enough to know them...it was only a few years after I met your Family before your Mother had died in 1965 and my Dad died only two years after that...in 1967 at the Holy Cross Football Game on Dec 2 against Boston College up at Worcester. My Dad really like his Football Games...even in the snowy winters. Crazy. Getting Frostbite sitting in some College Stadium. Well I was just going to break the ice and send a short "Hello" to you, hope you are well...and if you could "Think of any stories or whatever comes up...What was your Mom like...it must have been tough to have a older Sister-"Hazel, Margaret Shannon nee DELANEY" dying in 1915 at only 21 years old of TB and only losing her young husband Raymond F. SHANNON 4 years before and giving birth of their only son in 1912-Raymond Jr. Did you ever meet your Mother's Mom-Margaret Delaney, Bohen nee BOURKE (Burke) who died in 1934...living at # 7 Lexington Street...of course Worcester has changed a lot...the poor trees are all cut down cuz of those beetles!!! I'm rambling...but hope to hear from you! Patrica have a wonderful week...Peace to you & your Family, jim "henry" delaney.

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 3:35AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 1:17PM GMT
Hello Debbie Parris...how surprised I was to hear from you...I've been doing this since 1994 with Ancestry...trying to get a fix on how small my father's side of the family was. I only had Great Aunt Helen's name...she was the youngest daughter born on 31 Oct 1898 in Worcester to my Great Grandparents Patrick Henry Delaney born 17 March 1860 from Queen's Co. Ireland...and Great Grandmother-Margaret A. BOURKE (Burke) born May 1866 in Kells, Castletown District, Co.Meath, Ireland. Patrick arrived in New York on 05 March 1881 alone 20 years only...on the RMS Britannia. Margaret arriveled with her Family in Boston in April 1884. Family consist of her father-William, mother-Margaret (Sweeney), Bridget 20 yrs. abt 1864, Mary, Anna, Patrick. SO...I believed I met your Mom, when I was only 8 years old around 1960 when my Father stopped by your Grandmother's home and Great Aunt Helen had white hair and was smiling and giving hugs...it was the very first time we as kids met a relative of my Dad. Aunt Helen gave us my Dad's, his Father's US. Flag that was used during the 1938 Furneral in Chicopee, Mass. My Father was 15 years old back then...funny that was my age when my Dad died back in 1967 at a Holy Cross Football vs Boston College. Uncle Jack gave my little brother-Bob a ride home to Connecticut from Worcester, Mass....when all this happened, everything seems like a blur. Great Aunt Helen your Grandmother died in 1964...I believe there was a lot more to the extended Families than just 4 names...Now I done research on the Delaney/Delany, Carroll, Cahir, Shannon, Buckley, Leonards, Cooney, Harrop, Haslam, Haslem, Malone, Booth, Goguen, Krupasvista, Johnson, McGrath, McGrail, Meade, Sweeney, So...I actually wrote a better "Note" a few nights ago BUT hit the "Wrong" button AND lost everything...But how's your Family and your Mom-Margaret? How many siblings do you have? I'm so use to writing to clerks at libraries...this is different...I'm alittle taken back...so many questions-my mind goes blank...this is when "I lost the last note...", but do you have any photos that could be scanned? or stories etc about anyone before I actually talk or write your Mom. I need some prep...I'm a ex-Art Director...writing & interviewing I love to listen to...BUT!! I freak inside...stage fright! Ha, ha. You got the image...I've rambled enough for now...I'll sleep on this. But for now...Peace to your Family, Hope you are well...Hope to hear from you. James Henry Delaney...Bye. Jim. P.S. Did you married a PARRIS Relative from Someville/Boston region that had a Welesleyn College connection...Your Grandmother Helen's FATHER's SISTER "Charlotte DELANEY" married in 1890 a R.D. Parris...and the story goes on ??!!! jim.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions