Search for content in message boards

Arthur O'Keefe

Arthur O'Keefe

Jack Critchfield (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Keefe
My great-grandfather was Arthur O'Keefe (I have several variations on the spelling). He came to America in the early to mid 1800's. I am looking for information on the family before that.

Longshots

Al O'Brien (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Jack,
I can't tell you anything about the O'Keefe family but I can give you some trivia that just might be of some importance.
------------------------------------------------------------
Arthur O'Keefe (21-Farmer) arrived at NEW YORK from LIVERPOOL on July 13, 1846 aboard the ship, MILLICETE.
Arthur O'Keefe (37) arrived at NY fron LIMERICK on Oct 31, 1851 aboard the ship PERUVIAN
-----------------------------------------------------------
Arthur O'Keeffe (26) arr at NY from L/P on July 6, 1850 aboard the ship ELIZA-MORRISON
-----------------------------------------------------------
Each one of these men were traveling alone; no other O'Keefes were on these ships.
Good Luck,
Al O'Brien

O'Keefe in Ireland

Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2001 7:12PM GMT
My ggg-grandfather Jeffrey/Geoffrey married one Ellen O'Keefe about 1790 in County Cork, Ireland. Ellen died young, leaving three children (Jeffrey, Ellen & Marianne.) Jeffrey and Ellen immigrated to America in the mid-1800's. The second marriage of Jeffrey to Hanora Lehane had a son Denis who is was my gg-grandfather. Marianne married a Kavanagh and remained in the Mallow, County Cork area. Her great grandchildren remain in the Cork, Cahirciveen, Galway areas. I know one of Marianne's sons was named Arthur.

Arthur O'Keeffe

Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 10:44AM GMT
Surnames: O'Keeffe
There could be a connection especially if Arthur is not a common name with O'Keeffe in Co. Cork. Our Arthur married Mary Higgins in Grenagh and we think he came from Mourneabby. There first child, we know of was born in 1830 and the youngest Patrick born in Bandon Co. Cork. We know there were two other children one was a male. We suspect the father Arthur was dead, as he did not migrate with the rest of the family in 1859 to Australia. Three girls migrated in 1853. Family names are Hanora, Catherine, John, Patrick and Mary Ann

Arthur O'Keeffe

Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 5:18AM GMT
I also have an Arthur O'Keeffe from Co. Cork. Unfortunately I have limited information on him. He was married to Katherine Kelleher. One of their daughters was Ellen J. born on 08 December 1862. She emigrated to the US in 1880.

Arthur O'Keeffe

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 10:44AM GMT
Surnames: Keeffe, Higgins, Callahan, Barrett, Fowley
We think our Arthur O'Keeffe( Kefe, Keeff) was born in Mourneabby, Cork. We suspect that he was not alive when his sons and wife migrated in 1859. The last place we know that they lived was Bandon. He was married to Mary Higgins in Grenagh around 1820.Their children were Mary Ann, Hanorah, Catherine, John and Patrick. Mary's parents were David Higgins and Hanorah Callahan. Mary and Arthur had three other children, whom we suspect were all older. One was a girl and two were boys, we think the boys may have been a David and Henry. All other members of this family migrated between 1853 and 1862 to Australia except Arthur and the children whose names we are not sure of. When Mary Ann O'Keeffe migrated in 1862 she came with her husband Edmund Barrett, whom she had married in Grenagh in 1854. They had four children born in Ireland Henry James ( 1856),Honora ( !858), Mary ( 1859) and Bridget Mary Agnes( 1861). All these children were born in Grenagh and christened at St. Lachtine.Edmund's parents were James Barrett and Honorah Fowley. I have found an Arthur Keeffe, Chapel Lane, Mallow Town, Occupant, p. 146 Griggths Valuation 1851,Barony of Fermoy

Re: Arthur O'Keeffe

Posted: 3 Mar 2006 1:58AM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2006 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: O"Keeffe
There is an Arthur O'Keeffe buried in the Sun Prairie, WI (DaneCounty) with other family members. His dob is listed as 1792. Could this be the person you are searching? He was from County Cork IRE

Re: Arthur O'Keeffe

Mary King (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2006 10:51PM GMT
Hi Jean, He will be related somehow, but he is not the one I am looking. I will keep hom in mind, when I am checking stuff.
Regards, Mary

Re: O'Keefe in Ireland

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 8:24AM GMT
Surnames: Kavanagh
Good morning from Cobh Co. Cork Ireland,
My name is Patrick Arthur Kavanagh and my Dad was born in Coolmore Churchtown Mallow. He was Denis Joseph Kavanagh.
Give me a message some time and we can exchange info if you like.

Re: O'Keefe in Ireland

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 10:55PM GMT
hi,
my records show that around 1790 or so jeffrey o'connell married ellen callahan. they had two sons denis and jerry. denis was born in 1818 and married twice. his first marriage in 1844 to ellen o'keefe bore 3 children..ellen, jeffrey and marianne. marrianne was my grandmother and she married daniel kavanagh. denis first wife died in 1858 and he remarried the following year to hanora lehane from paris.they had 6 children
per page

Find a board about a specific topic