Search for content in message boards

O'Riordan Family

O'Riordan Family

Gillian O'Riordan (nee Donaghy) (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Riordan, Donaghy
I am researching my husbands family tree.His name is Liam Patrick O'Riordan b1962 in Derby eng. His father is Peter Anthony O'Riordan from Tralee b 1937. Peter has a brother Patrick better known as Roddy and a sister Mary Teresa Rose (dec.) better known as Polly. Any info would be great!

O'Riordan/Donaghy

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: O'Riordan, Donaghy
How do you pronounce your maiden name? Is it related to DANAHY and variants. My John DANAHY, son of Michael and Hanorah, left Kerry in 1856, at age 18, to Boston, in the company of William and two Mary's. Born in 1838 and died in Hopkinton MA

Re: O'Riordan Family

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: O'Riordan
Is this your family/:
Good morning from Australia
I am seeking assistance in tracing an O'RIORDAN family whose origins go back to County Kerry Ireland. My request is due to a descendant Philip John O'Riordan asking my help in trying to trace his family lines back.

Philip has given me some of the following details:

His parents Peter Anthony and Sylvia Yvonne O'Riordan (nee Ford) imigrated to Australia with their three chidlen in 1965.

He knows very little about his families origins and would like to learn further on his Irish ancestry.

One point of interest that he has been told by his father is that Philip's grandfather was John O'RIORDAN a well known Irish Gaelic footballer and held the position of goalkeeper for a County of Kerry team.

For reason's unknow it appears Peter Anthony O'Riordan moved to Derby the place where he and Sylvia were married on the 16/8/1958 at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Derby. Peter at this time gives his occupation as labourer mineral water manufacturer and his father John's occupation as labourer.

I apologies for not having any earlier knowledge of this family and would appreciate any assistance at all.

Sincerely
Hazel E. Magann OAM
Lethbridge Park, NSW

EMAIL hazelmagann@optusnet.com.au

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 3:14AM GMT
Good afternoon Gillian I am a researcher who has been asked by Philip John O'Riordan to trace his family line back to Kerry, Ireland. Philip's father was Peter Anthony O'Riordan who married Sylvia Yvonne Ford on the 16/8/1958 at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Derby UK.

Peter and his family arrived in Australia in 1965 and Philip works with my son and asked if I would trace his family for him.

My direct email address is hazelmagann@optusnet.com.au I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Egards
Hazel E. Magann OAM

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:23AM GMT
Hi Hazel,
I e.mailed you, letting you know,
This Riordan family is known to me.
I lost touch with Gillian a few years ago, perhaps she
still have some of the e.mails she and I exchanged.
We shared quite a bit of mutual family history, relating
to The Riordan Family.
KerryKate

Re: O'Riordan Family/Related Death Notice

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:26AM GMT
RIORDAN, EUGENE.
Rank: Private. Regiment or Service: Royal Munster Fusiliers. Unit: 1st Battalion.
Age at death: 30. Date of Death: 28-August-1918. Service No: 6379.
Supplementary information: Son of Patrick and Mary Riordan, of 8, Urban Terrace, Boherbee, Tralee, Co. Kerry. Born in Tralee, County Kerry. Enlisted in Tralee while living in Tralee, County Kerry. Killed in Action. Grave or Memorial Reference: IV. F. 25. Cemetery: Croisilles British Cemetery in France.

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:32AM GMT
Residents of a house 40 in Cloonmore (part of) (Tralee Urban (part of), Kerry) in 1911

Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living

Riordan Patrick 53 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Co Kerry General Labourer Read and write - Married - - - -
Riordan Mary 46 Female Wife Roman Catholic Co Kerry - Read and write - Married - 29 12 9
Riordan William 25 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Kerry Printer Compositor Read and write - Single - - - -
Riordan Eugine 23 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Kerry Printer Compositor Read and write - Single - - - -
Riordan Patrick 21 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Kerry Smiths Helper Read and write - Single - - - -
Riordan James Joseph 18 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Kerry Tailor Read and write - Single - - - -
Riordan Elizabeth 15 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Kerry - Read and write - Single - - - -
Riordan Margaret 13 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Kerry Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Riordan Hannah 16 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Kerry - Cannot read - Single Weak Intelled - - -
Riordan John 9 Female Son Roman Catholic Co Kerry Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -

The Elizabeth Riordan mentioned above was my GodMother.
Auntie Lizzie,lived all of her life in Tralee, and did not marry.
We were very close.
KerryKate

Re: O'Riordan Family/O.Sullivans next Door at No. 4O

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:35AM GMT
Residents of a house 41 in Cloonmore (part of) (Tralee Urban (part of), Kerry)

My GrandMother was livelong friends with the Riordan
family.
This shows my Grandmother living in the house next door
at No. 41 Cloonmore. (Riordans lived at No. 4O)

Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living

OSullivan Eugine 67 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Kerry Baker Read and write - Widower - - - -
OSullivan Mary 28 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Kerry - Read and write - Single - - - -

KerryKate

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 6:03AM GMT
Posting this link to share also with Gillian
A picture of
John (Johnny o'Riordan) Great Kerry Goal Keeper
second right front Row

http://www.terracetalk.com/photos/kerry-teams/#1929_All_Irel...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic