Search for content in message boards

COLE - JESSIE JAMES Outlaw

COLE - JESSIE JAMES Outlaw

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 9:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JAMES - COLE- JAMAR
I have been looking for in formation, that connects OTELKO "BABE" COLE , who married Henry Thomas Jamar. She is listed in Stray Leaves as having a connection in the Jessie James (Outlaw) Family. Jessie James's Mother was a Cole! Does anyone have a Cole member connected in any way to Jessie James! The original state would be Missouri, but could have migrated to Ark, Okla, down to Texas. Any slight info would help! Thank you

Re: COLE - JESSIE JAMES Outlaw

judy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2005 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: cole
my best friend is a cole she is having a hard time trying to fine everybody. she is rel, to jessie james. his mother was zerelda cole. my friends dad is a cole. his dad lived in ramsey, illinois. but we can not fine his mother or father. his name is aaron thomas cole or thomas aaron cole he deid before she was born. i am trying to help her as much as i can she don't have a computer. that is why i am helping her. plus trying to fine mine too. please help me to help her. thank you from judy a friend to a cole and the cole that lived in ramsey ,illinois was married to frebie jane scroggins cole.

Posted: 13 Mar 2005 4:57AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2006 2:46AM GMT
I will be glad to keep your names in front of me as I search. I am afraid, I'm in the same boat! Can't find anyone to help, although my Grandfather is listed as marring a Cole in Stray Leaves! I asked them to show me proof or remove this marriage from their info. In return I got a place to go to look for proof, that costs me ! Good Luck! Watch for untruths, and unverified info!

Jennifer (KIRK) Jones (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2005 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Clayton, Henderson, Harrington, Belding, Whalen + more
I have a Thomas Coal, b. March 27, 1852 in Henry County, Illinois d. July 28, 1856, Henry Co., Illinois.
His parents:
Ephraim Cole b. Aug. 6, 1809 Jefferson Co., Ohio, d. Sep. 6, 1896 Adair Co., Greenfield Iowa AND
Marina Siverly b. Jan. 12, 1815 in New York, d. Dec. 24, 1854 Henry Co., IIllinois.

Posted: 14 Mar 2005 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2006 2:46AM GMT
Thanks Jennifer! Any help is appreciated. I just cannot find any info on this Otelko "Babe Cole and have no information on any relatives. All I know is she was somehow mixed in the Jessie James, Cole Younger geneology. Appreciate your help!

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2005 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Clayton, Henderson, Harrington, Belding, Whalen + more
Let me know if you think there is any connection between your Cole line. If will keep your information and contact you if I find anything. Happy Hunting and Good Luck!

Posted: 18 Mar 2005 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: cole
zerelda cole had one brother jesse richard cole. their dad died when they were about 2 y and 1 y old. unless their father had other kids jesse richard is the cole to 'trace' for the jesse james connection to the cole name. I have just started to look at the coles in this line so their dad might have had brothers but I don't know. look in the early 1800's late 1700's

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 10:36PM GMT
I am a Cole who is supposed to be a relative, but I have not yet connected all the dots to prove it.

JCole

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 10:54PM GMT
Hi there, Their father had no other children. He died in a freak accident. It seems he was drunk and riding his horse backwards, when he was clubbed by a tree limb and knocked to the ground. A strange case of drunk driving!!! I don't know if the fall killed him or the tree. Zerelda then went to live with here relatives at the Black Horse Taveren (Richard Jr.) . There were no other sibling.

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: cole younger coal henderson pardue
check out the coal county[pontotoc co etc area] okla area for cole and younger families. my ex is said to be relalted to jesse james but I can't prove it. but there are many dalton/coles/youngers living there today.many seem to be related to each other and they all come from old settlers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic