Search for content in message boards

Birth records and Marriage Records

Birth records and Marriage Records

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Straksis and Sakalis
Hello

Would anyone know where to go to find the records of birth and marriage for Konstantinas Straks^ys and Kotryna S^akalis?

I found a record for Konstantinas of birth in Kaseno Lithuania. I think there was a son that remained with family in Lithuania.

Thank you.

Re: Birth records and Marriage Records

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 5:26AM GMT
I checked my map index of 20,000 Lithuanian place names and did not find a KASENO.

What record of birth did you find with that spelling?

Tom S.

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 7:57AM GMT
do you have some document? Birth record? Or something? Send it to me i will check.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 4:12AM GMT
No.... I cannot find any documents. I pulled this info from his death certificate.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 4:20AM GMT
Surnames: Straksis Sakalaite
Well, it was the record of his death.

This is the only other information I have from a Baptism on 22 Feb 1914, Lithuanian Roman Catholic Mission of St Casmir’s of Montreal.

Constaninis Straksis, workingman and Catharina Sakalaite from Lithuania-Russia of Government of Kaunas, Parish of Skautas, County of Telsia, Village of Budrietis (sp?).

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 4:54AM GMT
Tels^iai is a city in NW Lithuania. That area was located in the Kaunas/Kovno gubernia (Russian for province) during the Russian occupation of Lithuania.

Is the baptism record one of those on-line on Ancestry.com? If so, how is it indexed so I can find it?

I'd would like to look at what is written to see if I can get a different spelling.

Tom S.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 5:13AM GMT
Info from baptism record on Ancestry.com
Justinus Straksis
Born: 7 Feb 1914
Baptized: 22 Feb 1914, Lithuanian Roman Catholic Mission of St Casmir’s of Montreal

I'm not sure how it is indexed, but it will pop up with a search for Justinas Straksis.
Thank you!

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 9:49AM GMT
So... not much but here you are:
village BUDVIETE, SKUODAS parish, village SARKIAI, SKUODAS parish. What i found more could be interesting for you - village SAKALIAI, same parish. If you need more info please provide your e-mail or SKYPE ID.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 9:02AM GMT
village BUDVIETE, SKUODAS parish, village SARKIAI, SKUODAS parish. What i found more could be interesting for you - village SAKALIAI, same parish. If you need more info please provide your e-mail or SKYPE ID.

Posted: 18 Sep 2014 7:38AM GMT
Do you still interesting in it?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic