Search for content in message boards

I am looking for history and my famliy Kumon or Mon for my fathers Name HANAMURE and My Mothers OBA!

I am looking for history and my famliy Kumon or Mon for my fathers Name HANAMURE and My Mothers OBA!

Hanamure, Haruka (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 12:05PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: HANAMURE or OBA
Please, if you have any information on how I can obtain this information reply to my post! I am looking for our familiy Kumon with my brother who has been looking for years! I want to know about the Hanamure and Oba families and find both mons! Thank you very much!
-Haruka Hanamure

Re: I am looking for history and my famliy Kumon or Mon for my fathers Name HANAMURE and My Mothers OBA!

Mike Miyahira (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2002 9:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Haruko,

If you know their home towns, you can probably write or email their town halls for the Koseki Touhons and possibly their mons. I found that they do not necessarily understand the word "kumon" in Japan.

We were lucky when researching my wife's relatives. Not only were we able to obtain Koseki Touhons but also the family mon for her grandmother on her mother's side.

Good luck on your search.

Re: I am looking for history and my famliy Kumon or Mon for my fathers Name HANAMURE and My Mothers OBA!

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 5:54AM GMT
Surnames: oba
My father was adopted, but the last time I saw my grandmother she told me that my biological grandmother's name was Oba Masako (last name first right?)! I've been interested in searching for her since. Any info?

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Hanamure or Oba
I haven't found anything out about Oba or Hanamure.
My dad told me that our family used to own the Mountain in Kagoshima (the city my family is from) Hanamure yama. Im not sure if its true in anyway because my dad can be odd sometimes!

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 2:29AM GMT
I just found this thread and am inquiring as to any results. I too have ancestors from Japn with the surname Oba. My maternal grandmother is Kiyoko Oba. I believe i found pictures of her from the 1920's to 1930's. She may actually be about 7 years older than what we were always told.She had a marriage (possibly) in Japan before marrying my grandfather in the 1950's in America. She may have a daughter in Japan, Masako.
I have been searching for my kumon as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic