Search for content in message boards

Paynton Cemetery - August Schrank

Paynton Cemetery - August Schrank

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schrank
August moved to Paynton with his brother Charles Schrank approx 1900-1905. He had a land grant and helped build the United Church there. He is buried the Paynton Cemetery. I am trying to find lists or pictures of town,cemetery etc. and haven't been very successful online. Several Paynton sites come up as not longer available. Any help appreciated.

August had 5 children: Neal, Nina, Martha, Malcolm and Rilla.

Re: Paynton Cemetery - August Schrank

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Schrank
Found a short bio in the Paynton history book. http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.aspx?id=6238 Do a Schrank search and click on page 56 the other pages have bits of info as well. The book was probably published in the mid 80s. Butch

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Schrank, Dipple, McMurchie
The Book and site you referred me to was wonderful. Reading about the Schrank family and the times of early Paynton certainly made me reflect on the ease we live in.

I would like to find someone who lives in Paynton, as Schrank family members were said to be buried in the Paynton cemetery. I looked at the satelite photos and couldn't spot a cemetery.
There was a church being used as a house also, would love to know if it is the United church.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 2:52PM GMT
The Saskatchewan Genealogical Society has listings for most of the cemeteries in Sask. In the Paynton Cemetery there are several Schranks buried; August, Mabel, Malcolm W., Mary, Neil M. Sometimes they have photos of the cemeteries so it might be worthwhile contacting them.

bj.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 2:59PM GMT
If you put 'Paynton, Saskatchewan +schrank' in google you will find a member of the family still listed there. Also google Paynton Saskatchewan +photos and quite a few come up.
bj.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic