Search for content in message boards

Leslie Henry Tompkins - Obituary

Leslie Henry Tompkins - Obituary

Posted: 5 Mar 2004 5:30AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Tompkins, Phillips, Hamilton, Ashe, Jackson, Berry, Taylor, Brock
Abstracted:

Leslie Henry Tompkins, age 86, of Phil Campbell, passed away Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at his residence.

Mr. Tompkins was a native of Franklin County and a member of Spruce Pine Church of Christ. He served in the Army during World War II, where he received American Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, World War II Victory Medal, and European-African-Middle Eastern Service Medal with one Bronze Star. Mr. Tompkins was preceded in death by his wife, Opal N. Tompkins.

Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, June 6, 2003, at Pinkard Funeral Home Chapel in Russellville with James Phillips officiating. Interment will be in Franklin Memory Gardens.

Pallbearers will be David Hamilton, Joel Hamilton, Albert Tompkins, Stan Ashe, Robert Jackson, and Myron Berry.

Mr. Tompkins is survived by a daughter, Joan L. Taylor and husband Ed; two brothers, Oscar Tompkins and wife Olean, and Lonie Tompkins and wife Jewel; a sister, Betty Brock and husband Byron; and a grandchild, Michael E. Taylor.

Re: Leslie Henry Tompkins - Obituary

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for members of the Tompkins family. My great-great father was named Huston Tompkins, and was married to a Mary Tompkins. He was the grandfather to my grandmother. My grandmother's mother name was Louanna Tompkins, she had a sister named Elizabeth, which my grandmother called her aunt Tip, and a brother named Vito Tompkins. Have you ever heard of these names?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic