Search for content in message boards

William M. Patton

William M. Patton

W.Lester Ledford (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Patton, Ledford
I am researching the line of William M. Patton b. circa 1835 in Cherokee Co, NC. He married "N.C." b. circa 1839 in Cherokee Co.,NC. They had a daughter, Emma F. Patton, b. 1861 in Cherokee Co, NC. Emma married John V. Ledford b.1860 in Macon Co, NC. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Patton

Linda Miller (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Patton, Ledford
I'm not sure whether you're looking for ancestors or descendants, but in the 1860 census there is a William Patton, son of Lewis and Anna Payne. He was 26 years old and would have been born in 1836.

William M. Patton

Ron Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Patton
William M Patton was born October 17,1811 in Buncombe County NC, the sixth of seven children born to George and Mary Ann Mcdonnell Patton. His family moved to Macon County about 1820. He married "Nancy" surname possibly Little or Tittle, October 19,1837. Their children were, James Preston, Mary Ann, Rebecca C, Phronissa, Dulcena Dove ( my g grandmother), Margaret C, Martha A, Ira, Carnaro S, Emma, and William. William M and Nancy moved to Cherokee County some time after the Civil War, with some of their children. I have much more on the Patton family if you would care to e-mail me. I would like to hear from anyone with a connection to or information about this family.
Posted: 26 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Scoggins, Robeson, Gribble, Dempsey, Tucker
Looking for family of Green B. & Martha Scoggins
known children are Green Berry Scoggins married
Barbar Elizabeth Robeson in Fannin Co, GA. Susannah
Caroline Scoggins married James Madison Dempsey in
Macon Co. N.C. Martha Elizabeth Scoggins married Lewallen
Tucker in Gilmer Co, Ga.

Green B. Scoggins was head of house hold on the 1830
Macon Co, North Carolina Census with several children.

Martha Scoggins was Head of House hold on the 1840 Macon
Co. North Carolina Census with several Children.

Know descendents of this family who lived in Cherokee
Co., North Carolina are:

Lou Bell Taylor m Jake Taylor
Marion Ledford
Ifford Scoggins
Clifford Scoggins
Martha Elizabeth Scoggins M Julius Reid

This family is beleived to have relatives in
McMinn Co, Tn, Gilmer Co, GA & Fannin Co. GA

Please help me.

Henrietta Scoggins

Green Scoggins

Julie Scoggins (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Scoggins, McCown, Moore, Mitchell, Hopper
I don't know if this would be of any help to you, but...my father's father was named John Pritchard Scoggins. I believe they lived in Sanford County (That's where my dad was raised, anyway), NC. Anyway, I asked my father what his grandfather's name was, and all he could remember was his middle name (or possibly even his first name) was Green. He said he remembers that he was named after a family member, but that was all he could remember. Possibly lived in Macon Co.
My father was born July 8, 1936...His father was born in 1898 I believe, and passed away I think in 1967. That would put my Green ggrandfather being born I would say between 1850 earliest and 1880 latest. Hope this helps, and feel free to email me. Good Luck!!

Greenberry Scoggins

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am the gg-granddaughter of Martha Elizabeth Scoggins and Julius H. Reid. Through their daughter Clara I. Reid-Allen. I don't know anything about Scoggins Family but would like to hear from other descendants. Maybe together we can find more info. I did find Greenberry Scoggins on 1850 Talbot Co. GA census, A Green B. Scoggins on the 1860 Gilmer Co. GA census, and a Green B. Scoggins won the 15th day's drawing on the 1827 Georgia Land Lottery. Our Family line spreads all the way to Northern California.

Scoggins Family

Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2009 5:33AM GMT
Susan, please e-mail me henris@hopper.net
I will share what I have with you.

Henrietta Scoggins

Re: William M. Patton

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 3:40PM GMT
My great, great, great grandfather was named William Patton also. I don't have a middle initial or name. He was born about 1816 in ?? N.C. married Sarah Griggs in Macon County, N.C. in 1835. They had six children.
1)Alfred B. (1836-?)
2)Elmina (1841-1918) my great, great, grandmother.
3)Nancy (1846-1902)
4)Emily Jane (1849-1887)
5)William Woodward (1851-1929)
6)Mary Melinda (1854-1898)

William Patton was possibly related to Noah, Robert S., and Jasper Patton whom resided eventually in Union County, GA.
Any information on these Patton family members would be helpful to me.

Posted: 30 Nov 2006 4:41PM GMT
Hi William. Have you found out any more about this Patton line since 2001? I'm looking for a friend. She heard that William was the son of George Patton & Mary McDonnell. It doesn't look that way to me. I think whoever decided that did because G Patton is the only one in Macon that can be found. However, he doesn't have children the ages of William and Robert S. He has no sons in the 1830 census. Thanks for a reply.

Posted: 26 Dec 2009 2:08AM GMT
Mary Ann Patton (Dulcena Dove's sister)was my gg-grandma. My sister also married a Patton but we haven't found a link there yet! ;)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions