Search for content in message boards

Theodore Barnard (1874-?) and Ada Moore (1876-?)

Theodore Barnard (1874-?) and Ada Moore (1876-?)

Betty Moore (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barnard, Moore
Theodore V. Barnard, b. abt 1874, married Ada B. Moore, b. 1876, daughter of James E. Moore and Lucinda Hopkins. They were married in Patrick Co. 27 Oct 1892.

Who was this Theodore, and what happened to this couple after 1892? Did they have children in Patrick Co.?

Thanks for any info!
Betty Moore in CA

Barnards in Patrick

Dawn Barnard Eskins (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barnard
My grt-grt grandfather James A. Barnard was born in 1879 and lived in Patrick County until 1917 when the family farm was split by the Blue Ridge parkway. From there they moved to Amelia County. I am told that such a large percentage of Patrick County residents relocated to Amelia that it was nicknamed "little Patrick". Pls email me, just starting on all this- Dawn

Re: Barnards in Patrick

Posted: 20 Nov 2004 11:55PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2005 12:13AM GMT
My great grandfather was William Barnard. Whos father was James Barnard. The familly still owns the house and property that was his home for many years in Kibler Valley. If you would like some moe info please feel free to e-Mail me just please put Barnard Familly in the subject line since I usually dont open unknown email.

Posted: 30 Jul 2010 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Collins Barnard
It's been 6 years since you post, but I hope to find if you have knowledge of another Barnard couple that moved to Amelia Co. from Patrick Co in the "great migration" 1917-1918 period from Patrick Co. I'm looking for the burial location of Urby and Pearl Eva (Collins) Barnard. Any help would be appreciated. (Urby may be spelled differently.)

Posted: 20 May 2011 10:04PM GMT
I believe they are burried in Little Flock Primative Bapt. church cem in Amelia.

Re: Theodore Barnard (1874-?) and Ada Moore (1876-?)

Posted: 27 May 2011 1:21AM GMT
Theridas Vera Barnard was the son of Jehu Osmond Barnard and Nancy Adeline Wood.

Posted: 28 May 2011 6:28PM GMT
Thanks for the info. I guess your 'Jehu Osmond Barnard' is the same as the "John Hugh Barnard" that I found. Do you have a source for your info? Thanks, from Betty Moore.

Posted: 29 May 2011 4:47PM GMT
The marriage record is the source; 27 Oct 1892 in Patrick Co, VA. Can't verify that John and Jehu are the same people, but I expect so.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:32PM GMT
There are two Jehu Barnards in this family group. Jehu Osmond Barnard (1877-1961) was married to Virginia Banks. He was the son of Jehu Barnard (1840-1933). It was the elder Jehu who was married to Nancy Wood. T.V. Barnard and J.O. Barnard were brothers.
0>

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:45PM GMT
I realize this is an old thread. I hope people are still following it...
I'm descended from T.V. Barnard's sister Stella.
Theridas Vera Barnard was born 10 SEPT 1873, in Patrick County, VA. I've got the same date as you for his marriage to Ada Moore.
1900 Census lists him in Hendricks, Indiana with wife Ada and daughters Venice and Laura.
1930 census lists him in Omaha with wife Ada, married daughter Mabel, son-in-law Oliver Wolcott, granddaughter Annabelle Lee Wolcott, and son Woodrow.
I have some pictures from a Barnard family reunion. They're dated 1963, but the reunion must actually have taken place a few years before that, as some of the people in the pictures died before 1963.
They won't let me post links on this board, but a google search for Theridas Vera Barnard should bring up my site, garthhagerman dot com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions