Burris Family Book

Burris Family Book

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 5:05PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2001 1:25AM GMT
Does anyone know anything about the book
"It All Started Here: The Burris Family"
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 2:14PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 7:19PM GMT
I have not heard of this book but I would be very interested in it, if you do find it. I have been working on the Burris family history for about 5 years.

Burris Book

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 4:24PM GMT
This book was written by Norma Jean Coon.
Some of the Coons married into the Burris Family. They lived near Greensboro, IN.

I was born a Burris, was adopted by the Archer's. I am a decendent of John Esther Terry Burris, Daniel Burris, John Horton Burris, Wilson Burris, William M. Burris and Albert Burris. I was born in Coffeyville, Ks. 1928. I now live in Anderson, IN.
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 7:22PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 7:19PM GMT
I have ran my family tree back to Joshua Burris born in Northern Germany. I am a direct descendent of the Burris' that settled in what is now known as Stanly County, NC. I know of at least three brothers that came to America and one settled in Surry County, NC, one in Pleasantville, SC, and one in what is now known as Stanly County, NC. I know a lot of that branch did travel west. It would be nice to see if we are related.

Armelda J. Burris

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 4:29PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2005 3:36PM GMT
My great grandmother was born in Indiana in 1840, but I do not know the names of her parents nor the county she was born in. Her birthdate was July 10, 1840. She died when she was a fairly young woman and my own grandmother did not remember too much about her mother. Therefore, I am trying to find the name of her parents. Is her name mentioned in the Burris Book? If you can answer this for me I will certainly appreciate it. Please answer me at my email address. Dodie Peirsol

John Burris

E. Burris (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 8:46PM GMT
I'm also from the John Burris-Ester Terry Burris line. The Chronological order after that goes Moses, Moses II, Charles, Jessie, Maurice, Robert and then me. I live in Kansas. I guess we're distantly related. Did you know John Burris who was born in 1738 and died in 1812, was a patroit who fought with George Washington at Valley Forge? At least that's what I read in the book " In Search of Moses". Also Ester Terry was a full blooded Cherokee.

Armelda Burris

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 4:58PM GMT
Dodie

Contact Dave Burris, he has far more information than I do. His e-mail is
tulsadave@juno.com

Roy Archer

John Burris

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 5:02PM GMT
E. Burris

Send me you e-mail address. I was born in Coffeyville, KS. Yes, I know Charles Burris
My address is archerrg@aol.com

burris family book

nancy burris howell (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 5:46PM GMT
am interested in this book "It all started here..the Burris family" anyone with information please notify me...

Andrew Johnson Burris

Mary Etta (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 6:33PM GMT
My Great Grandfather was Andrew Johnson Burris and I have not been able to find anything on his parents. Can you help?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions