Search for content in message boards

US Military Registers - latest date

US Military Registers - latest date

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2013 11:13PM GMT
Field Help clarification: when there are multiple dates.... key FROM the latest date (implying from and to) or do you simply mean key the latest date? With all the dittos and dos, one tiny little date could be a big boo-boo.

Re: US Military Registers - latest date

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 1:43AM GMT
You key the latest, most recent military date there is for the individual military person. Sometimes the most recent dates are all in one column and sometimes they are not. Once in a while the most recent date for the military person is in another column. You just have to go on a one by one search for that most recent date for that individual military person.

Great question as I hope it will help others.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 1:59AM GMT
Oh, I'm glad I asked because I have only been comparing the columns, not the individual records. Hopefully your 1st scenario is the one most often encountered. Thanks for your help.

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 7:24PM GMT
I'm wondering about the arbitraters. Normally my acuracy is almost perfect. I've keyed a bunch of these and now it needs improvement. I'm sure it's not the names, it can only be the dates.

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 10:34PM GMT
yes...I wish we could get more specific information on keying mistakes...I have worked on several different projects and don't know where I am making "mistakes". I was very very careful since I am new...this vague feedback isn't helpful at all!

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 11:46PM GMT
The only errors I have seen on the Army records is not keying the latest military date (sometimes it will be in the middle of a column) and keying the state of birth as shown. So for instance if the records shows Colo don't key Col.

Hope this helps,
Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions