Search for content in message boards

Searching Census via addresses?

Searching Census via addresses?

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I know the address of a family member in 1930 but can not figure out how to search the census via address. Better yet when I find name matches I can not confirm the address due to the code. Is there anyway to figure this out?

Thanks in Advance

Re: Searching Census via addresses?

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 8:37PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2012 8:39PM GMT
Hi,
I'm surprised that you haven't heard of our utilities at stevemorse.org. We have there, in the census folder, utilities for finding people by address of the larger cities in 1930 (and other census years as well). What's also there are descriptions of all the 1930 enumeration districts, and you should be able to figure out which ED your location falls within.

If we don't cover your city in 1930, and we have all the cities in the US of 25,000 or more, then look up the address in 1940 on our utilities where there are over 1,200 urban areas done, and convert the 1940 ED # you get into a 1930 ED #.

The 1930 census has the street name on the very left hand column (if an urban area), and the house number in the next column to the right.

Joel Weintraub
Dana Point, CA

Re: Searching Census via addresses?

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 8:42PM GMT
Thanks for the information.

I am new to this, and learning more everyday.

I will check it out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions