Search for content in message boards

Translation

Translation

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I am hoping someone could help translate the reverse side of a photo for me? The front of the photo says "relatives" but no indication who the people are in the photo. To the best of my knowledge, my family didn't have relatives in Chicago until after WWII, so the photo is somewhat of a mystery.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,
Scott
Attachments:

Re: Translation

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 12:39PM GMT
Hi,

seems like it was written by someoene with little lithuanian language education. My translation(I tried to keep transation word to word, so it can be grammatically incorrect);

My neck is extended and my friend and friend's son. Our flower-bed and the corner of our house.

My dress is little bit short.

Hope it helps. Mind you, it can be with errors. I also found out the person is feom Suvalkija/Suwalki:))

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 1:53PM GMT
Hello,

Thank you very much! The people are still a mystery but this helps a little. The Suwalki statement is very interesting in that my great grandmother was from that region. So for now, I will assume these are some kind of relatives to her. Again, thank you, your translation is very much appreciated.

Scott

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 7:30PM GMT
Scott,

You may want to consider scanning the front of the picture to see if anyone else recognizes the people in the photograph.

Someone else out there may have the same picture. You never know!

Tom S.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 8:08PM GMT
Good idea Tom. It's my cousin's photo and he is making me a copy. I took the photo with my phone so I could work on the translation, not even thinking about the people. Thanks!

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 9:55PM GMT
Scott,

You never know. They might even be my relatives.

When I went to Lithuania in 2008, I took some pictures with me that had been in my grandparents attic trunk.

One of my Lithuanian relatives identified one picture as that of my grandmother's aunt, Petronele (Pearl) Senkus Pacesa. She was born circa 1870 in Lithuania.

Tom S.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic