Search for content in message boards

Re: US Military Registers - continue next page

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Before you key the partial bottom page, click on the Image page at the top of the keying tool (note what I have circled in red). Pick image 3 to view and see if it is a complete version of the bottom of image 2. If not, then I would key it.
Attachments:

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 10:41PM GMT
Yeah, I had already keyed Image 1 and this is Image 2 (no 3). Guess my next question would be (in case I run into this again): I can see part of the name on the last line. Do I try to key it or stop at the last full line of data? Hope this doesn't happen often.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:05PM GMT
Sorry - didn't notice this was the last image in the set. Not working on this project but I would key all that I could see even if it were partial. I'm not sure (anyone out there know for sure??) but I don't think it counts against you if a line is deleted in review.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:13PM GMT
The wiki instructions say only to key from the page and not the partial page.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:18PM GMT
I just hate leaving anyone behind. (The partial line that was cut off was probably one of my long-lost relatives!) I guess if it's duplicated that's better than not being keyed at all.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions