Search for content in message boards

George Washington Watson

George Washington Watson

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: watson
I am trying to locate any leads that would help me find G.W. Watson and family. He was born in Georgia in about 1849. I have information to the present but nothing before this.
any help with leads would be appreciated.
Thank You
Jim Watson

Re: George Washington Watson

GAIL FINNEGAN (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2002 7:36AM GMT
LOOKING FOR CAPIEN/ BENJAMIN WATSON /GRIFFIN -FAMILY WHO OWNED ABC HOTEL IN FT. VALLEY- FRANCES CAPIEN LIVED IN QUITMAN /NIECE LATER INHERITED HER HOME THERE

Posted: 27 Dec 2002 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2003 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Watson
George Washington Watson is my GG Grandfather. I know nothing of Georga. My Grandmother seems not to recall where they came from.
I am having problems finding anything on his wife, Mary Pethel.
Kizzie Watson/Thomas is my G Grandmother.
anyone who needs info may contact me. email Dsiremmitt@aol.com

JAY (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 2:40AM GMT
I know of a GW Watson Dec 1845-Sept 1927 who served proudly in Company G 62nd Alabama Confederate Infantry (CSA) and was married to a Harriet V (Jones) Watson Feb 1849-Nov 1933. Not sure where he was born???

j.c.watson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2003 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: watson casey
The George w. watson I am pursuing was born 1849 florida. then traveled to alabama and chose Rose E. casey for his wife. they then traveled to texas, and louisiana. They moved back and forth to these states. They moved first to bastrop texas, then back to san agustine texas.
G.W.'s parents are the next quest we are on.
thanks jim watson

Posted: 4 Jan 2004 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2006 3:17PM GMT
My George Washington Watson was born abt. 1819 in GA. probably Paulding, Carroll or DeKalb Co., married Ruth Brooks in 1840 Paulding Co. They were in Santa Rosa Co. FL by the 1860 census. Don't know if there is a connection, but good luck.

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 5:24AM GMT
also searching the george w watson line this is our great great grandpa any info you're willing to share would be great
thanks kendra

Jim Watson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2004 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: watson, Pruett, Slaydon, Moncy,
Kendra; I have been looking for releatives to the George W. Watson line for several years. Your spelling is a little different from what I have been searching. I have been looking for Pruett, Maybe I am wrong. In any case contact me about the G.W. Watson Line. from Pine apple & Burnt Corn alabama. Jim Watson
Watsonjim5@hotmail.com

Posted: 1 Feb 2004 5:24AM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, FERGUSON,WATSON,BOND,PROCTOR
HI KENDRA,
I TO AM SEARCHING ALONG WITH J. WATSON FOR GEORGE WASHINGTON WATSON. HE IS ALSO MY GGFATHER.. WHO'S SON ARE YOU RELATED TO. MINE WAS LEMUEL WATSON. HE WAS THE OUTLAW OF THE GROUP. I AM ALSO TRYING TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HIM ALSO. HOPE WE CAN CONNECT. LEMUEL WAS MY GRANDFATHER ON MY MOM'S SIDE. HE WAS HER DAD. MY EMAIL IS;
heartbroke@livingston.net
chand

Posted: 3 Feb 2004 11:50PM GMT
Hello Jim,
Thanks for your reply. Martha Francis Watson, daughter of George Watson and Rose Casey was my grandmas' mom.
My grandma was Velma Bennight Herrin. I don't have a lot of family history and don't know very much about the Watson's, but I am very interested. Anything you can share with me would be wonderful. I live in Jasper county, Tx. I had a distant relative tell me that we had some relative they called Lum Watson that lived around white rock. Have you heard of him?
Thanks, Kendra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic