Search for content in message boards

BOOK from Funeral Home

BOOK from Funeral Home

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a book called "Gleanings from the Records of The Francis Gasch's Sons Funeral Home, PG County, 1860 - 1940.

If you want me to look up something for you, please let me know

Louise

Re: BOOK from Funeral Home

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 1:42PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2006 9:42PM GMT
Hi - I've seen the book but have come across some new names. Would you mind checking:
Anderson Samuel, James, Martha, Lavinia
Lynch Geo (I know there is the listing for him when his sister Peggy died - are there others?) Minnie or a Lynch buried in 1927
Wells - any
Dement - Hezekiah, Edward or a female from 1869

Thanks
kelle

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 2:24PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2006 6:24PM GMT
Samuel B. ANDERSON:
"22 May 1901 [note:Evening Star, 20 & 21, p.7 report died 20 May 1901. 3:00am at the residence of his daughter, Mrs. Charles A. Russell, Hyattsville, MD Mass at St. Jerome Catholic Church, Hyattsville, MD Burial Rock Creek Cemetery, Washington, DC HUSBAND of Lavia A. Anderson."
page 14 ---
from "Gleanings from the Records of The Francis Gasch's Sons Funeral Home, Prince Georges County, Maryland - 1860 to 1940" - compiled by The Records Committee of The Prince George's County Genealogical Society, Inc. 1996"

If this is the line you are seeking, I believe I can add more
but..........it will take a while

Let me know of names where you don't have obits
Louise

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2006 9:42PM GMT
Louise - yes that is the Samuel I am interested in. I have the obit for his wife Lavinia - was she bruied from Gasch's? His parents were James and Martha - i don't have their dates. His son James, d 1939 I have. His other son Robert - I don't have.

Lynch- Geo W d 1946 obit but it doesn't say if he was buried from Gasch's
Same for his wife Minnie

George's parents I do not know or have.

Reed - I have Theodore but would like to find other Reeds in Bladensburg. If you sent me the names of those buried from Gasch's bef 1940 I can check them out for possible links.

Thanks
Kelle

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: ANDERSON. REED. LYNCH
okay..........I'm going to be posting from this book.......but will not state it in each post:
"Gleanings from the Records of The Francis Gasch's Sons Funeral Home, Prince Georges County, Maryland - 1860 to 1940" - compiled by The Records Committee of The Prince George's County Genealogical Society, Inc. 1996"

only have one place that mentions "Lavinia A." and she's mentioned only as wife of Samuel B. ANDERSON

I do have a James Franklin ANDERSON' husband of Mary A. Anderson (nee: Barry) he died on 13 Sep 1939

I do not have a Robert from this book.

I do have a J. W. ANDERSON died 19 Mar 1893 It was reported in "Evening Star" [Hyattsville] could that be the James? It was reported by W.W. ANDERSON.

George W. LYNCH - obit for LYNCH, Peggy J.
daughter of Marion LYNCH LONG and George William LYNCH, Jr. sister of George Dent LYNCH

REED:
Amos, Governor George R.
Annie, Mrs. Helen Shaw, Mrs.
Bessie L. Howard
C. Eder Howard C.
Charles James
Charles F. James W.
Charles, Mrs. John P.
Clyde John R.
Ella Grace, Mrs. Joseph
Frank L.
Freda K, Mrs.
Freda T., Mrs.

"THEODOR(E) REED:, Rev, 23 Oct 1889, [Evening Star, 22 Oct 1889, pg5, reports died 20 Oct 1889 at Bladensburg, MD; Service at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Bladensburg, MD Burial Rock Creek Cemetery, Washington, DC. Was Rector of St. Matthew's Episcopal Parish, Prince George's County, MD] "
from above mentioned book on page 67.

You can see many and many more not listed that I would have to look up and read. Impossible for me to do.
If you can give me more specifics on REED, I will do lookup.

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 4:46PM GMT
Sorry; last post listed names together. I was trying to list 2 rows but in squished the names,. I will straighten out if you see something

Book has listings in back, then one has to go through the individual pages listed to see who died before 1940

Louise

Posted: 7 Sep 2004 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2004 7:02PM GMT
Louise,

I have been considering buying this book for some time now but am not sure if any of my family are listed. Of course now the book has gone off sale, LOL. Anywho, if you could give me a yes or no on the surnames Brooke, Kraft or Boteler, it will help me in making my decision.

I was just able to purchase Bones and Stones: Cemetery Records of Prince Georges County Maryland first edition 1984 and the Addendum to the 1984 and 1988 editions. If there is anything you would like me to look up for you, please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Char

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 11:18AM GMT
Surnames: Halfpap/Payne/Lockard
Will look. My home address is nessa@packetex.com

I am interested in your book..........
Lockard
Payne
Halfpap -------- very important!!!!

Louise

Janet Blankenship (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2004 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: HART
Hello, my gggrandfather, Frank Hart and gggrandmother Anna Hart, lived in Berwyn Heights and are burried in Ammendale Cemetery (taken over from St. Joseph's Catholic Church) in PG County. I viewed the church records and Francis Gasch was the undertaker in both instances. There were also some young Hart children that died: Lucy, Mary and Josephine but I can't find any records for them. I am also looking for my ggrandmother Margaret Hart Cunningham who died in approximately 1890 but can not find where she is buried.

I was going to buy the book - it's $40.00 but if you are willing to share this information I would be very grateful.

Jerry Shean (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2004 8:41PM GMT
Do you have any information on a Benj. Lowndes Jackson, died Oct 8, 1878 in PG county, MD? I am trying to identify his wife and children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions