Search for content in message boards

Searching for Photos on Summers County, WV Lillys

Searching for Photos on Summers County, WV Lillys

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 5:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lilly, Pack, Cox, Harvey, Rollyson, Farley
If you have any photos of the following LILLY and related families, please contact me.
James Willis LILLY and Elsie May PACK
James Willis LILLY and Birdie Pearl COX
Uriah Elliot COX and Elsie May PACK
James Floyd (Bench Jim) LILLY and Margaret Maywood HARVEY
Robert Washington (Shootin Bob) LILLY and Margaret Tiffany LILLY
Robert Washington (Shootin Bob) LILLY and Mahalia FARLEY
Vandalia B. HARVEY and Nancy PACK
Albert Wilson PACK and Lithena Maranda LILLY
John R. PACK and Elizabeth ROLLYSON
John R. PACK and Elizabeth HARVEY

I will share photos and information.

Re: Searching for Photos on Summers County, WV Lillys

Posted: 1 Nov 2007 12:14AM GMT
My Great Grandfather William Rance Bolen. He brother was Thomas Bolen who married Rachel Lilly. They had a daughter Lucinda Frances Bolen. She married Robert W. Lilly.

I am not sure if this is the same line or not. Robert W. could have had other wives, but at this time I do not show that information.

Do you have other information on him?

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 5:35PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2012 4:41PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of Cynthia Jane Lilly Lilly Lilly, daughter of Miller Bob (Robert Calvin Lilly) and wife of Thomas Hubbard (sometimes listed as Thomas Jefferson Lilly) and Arthur Bee Lilly. I have dozens of old photos, some unidentified, that belonged to her. I shared several dozen photocopies with Ellen Pritchard (daughter of official Lilly Reunion genealogist who died a few years ago) for posting at the 2007 reunion. Did you see any of them? I also have others. I'm not certain if any of these are of your ancestors, but I'm certainly willing to share. If any of these people are your direct ancestors, I will send you the original photo(s). Please answer so we can figure this out. I do not have a great deal of time for the next month or so: moving tomorrow and going to Hawaii to spend Christmas with family, but I will do what I can. If all else fails, I can help after my return in January. Take a look at my public tree (Eden's Harvest) by searching for my grandmother. I posted a few photos of the ancestors before my equipment decided not to cooperate. I will certainly be doing more in January, but that won't help you much right now. Please send list of any particular photos you want, and I'll research as soon as I return.

Posted: 21 Apr 2008 6:08PM GMT
Hello, Cousin!

I am the granddaughter of Cynthia JANE Lilly and Arthur BEE Lilly. Jane was the youngest daughter of Robert Calvin (Miller Bob) and Virginia Gore; Bee was the son of Simeon Preston Lilly and Sarah Elizabeth Davis. I have scores of Jane's old photos, many unidentified, that I want to give to the descendants of the subjects. All I ask is that the subjects be identified (name, date, and place, if possible) so I can post to the right place on my tree. Last summer I sent many copies of the photos to Ellen Pritchard, daughter of the late genealogist of the Lilly Reunion. I had hoped that she could post them at the reunion for identification, but she was in the midst of a kitchen remodel, so I doubt if she was able to do so. I will send the original photo(s) to the first person who identifies the subject(s), preferably with date and place, too). Why should I keep the originals when I don't even know who they are? They're your ancestors; SPEAK UP!!!

Posted: 7 May 2008 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: LILLY NEELY CADLE
Hello Cousin I would be interested in viewing your unknowns as well as known. My grt grt gm (Rebecca Lilly married Levi Neely Sr) was a sister to Miller Bob and of course a daughter to Squire Bob & Mary (Cadle) Lilly. I will be glad to share materials/tombstone photos that I have as well. Vernon

Posted: 7 Jul 2008 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly, Cadle, Christian
This has absolutely nothing to do with your request for pictures of the Summers Co.,WV Lilly family, but the name Cadle struck a cord in my memory. While searching family pictures of the Andrew Jackson Christian family recently, I came across a picture of Polly Cadle of Summers County. Is this any connection to you?

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 12:05AM GMT
DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE BURIED. DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY LIVED. I AM A DECENDENT OF WILLIAM H [one arm Bill]LILLY,LEVI AND BILL WERE IN THE SAME COMPANY IN THE CIVIL WAR.

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Lilly Neely
olclydebeagel Where are you? One Arm Bill is buried in "Lilly, One Arm Bill Cemetery", Nimitz, Summers Co. near my aunt's home. I will look for the photos. If you know that area, it is in the woods not far from Angels Store on Rt 3, in Nimitz. Not far from the larger "Crews Cemetery" where our ancestor Edmund Lilly 1772/1832 is buried. [Tombstone Picture posted on Findagrave.com] As I have found, most of these little WV cemeteries in the woods bearing the old family names are pretty close to the "old home place."

Levi of course is buried near Blustone State Park in the "L M [Levi MacDonald] Neely Cemetery". You may contact me at vlees@cox.net Vernon

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Ball Cadle Harvey Lilly Christian
sisharmon Polly is often the nickname for Mary. I have a 3grt gm Mary Cadle 1804/1885 married Robert "Squire or Randal Bob" Lilly. Although I am not as of yet knowledgable of your Jackson Christian but the village of Lilly was in Summers County, if the photo is of the right period I would be interested in obtaining a copy. I have their photo and family bible entries from the internet and will see if Christian shows up.

My family Harvey family has more Cadle/Ball connections as well. vlees@cox.net

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 5:18PM GMT
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. It's been a very bumpy ride for the last year or so, including cardiac arrest! I'll have to get to the old photos and try to get them posted to the tree; hopefully the unidentified will be recognized and claimed. All I want is the photo on the tree attached to the right person; the originals will go to direct family members who contact me. Please be patient a bit longer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions