Search for content in message boards

Dean

Dean

William La Follette (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dean
Rev. Abner Jones Dean aka A.J. Dean and his family left wythe co va on his way to join his brother in missouri but stopped in rose hill va and settled there after receiving a wire from his brother not to come to missouri cause of the job market there so he settled in lee county. i am looking for the deans-ayers that are tied in with him. I know that he preached there at the Morely United Methodist Church in Rose Hill and i found him and some of his childrens graves there at the church. would like to hear from his kin folks. also am looking for the deans cemetery if anyone knows what and where the cemeterys are, Thanks William La Follette

Re: Dean

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 4:53PM GMT
Hi William. I am not related to the Dean-Ayers families. I am a Lee Co., VA. genealogist.. In Volume I of the Cemeteries of Lee Co., VA. is the Memorial Methodist Church Cemetery, Located behind the Morley Memorial Methodist Church, where the Rev. Abner Jones Dean and others are buried.. Also there is the Dean - Ingles Chapel Cemetery; From Ewing, go east 1.0 mi. on old US-58, turn right on SR-744 for 1.2 mi., turn left on SR-683 for O.5 mi. to the Ingles Chapel Church. The cemetry is behind the church. The Bicentennial History of Lee Co., Va. has a brief history of the Morley Methodist Churc, wit photos of the church built in 1912 an the new church built in 1954. Would you like copies of the two cemetries and the church article? If so, please e-mail me your postal mailing address. About $2,00 for the copies and postage. Ed Cress, Oak Rige, Tn., Lee Co., VA. genealogist and Corresponding Secretary for the Lee Co. Hitorical and Genealogical Society

William La Follette (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 6:11PM GMT
Sure Enough my e-maill address is lafollette547@charter.net and i`ll shoot ya the 2 bucks to ya. Gonna come back over there in a few more weeks. Have you ever used the www.iroot.net site? click on tools and then click on cemetery finder. it is really a good web site to find cemeterys. William La Follette Jr.

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 6:41PM GMT
Hi William. Perhaps I did not make myself clear. Do you want cipies of the two cemeteries, and the article/photos of the Morley churches? If you do, I need your postal mailing address for the 6-8 pages of copies. I will include the bill for the copies and pages. Ed
Posted: 24 Dec 2012 10:45AM GMT
Ed you did some research for me in the past.I am trying to find info on my great grandparents-Charles and Margaret Dean.My father was George Dean,and he was from the Rose Hill area.If you could help me,I would greatly appreciate anything you could find for me.I am still looking for the parents of Jennie Dean.She was married to my grandfather Robert Dean.Jennie is buried in Rosehill in the Mc:Lin cemetary.I have not be able to find where Robert is buried.I would pay for any research you could do for me.I am Delano Dean and i grew up in Dryden,Va. Thanks for your help. Delano!
Posted: 31 Dec 2012 8:38PM GMT
Hi Delano. Sorry for the delay in answering your query. Lee Co., VA Marriage record: Rober dean, widow, 27, b. ca. 1867, Lee Co., VA, son of Charles and Margaret Dean, married 23 April 1890 to Jennie Long, 30, b.ca 1860, Lee Co., VA, dau./o William and K. King. Was Jennie a widow from a previous marriage to a Long? (No Lee Co., VA marriage found.). Lee Co., VA census records: Robert and Jennie dean were not found in the 1900 census. !910 Census: Robert Dean, 45 b. ca. 1865, Ky, parents b.Ky and VA. wife, Jamie (Jennie?), 50, b. ca 1860, VA, parents b, Va. children: George, 18, b. 1892, Va, Charlie, 12, b. 1898, Morgan 1903, VA. 1920 Census, (Rose Hill for both 1910 and 1920. Robert Deane (Dean), 57, b. ca 1863, Ky, parents b. Ky and VA, wife Jamie, 65, b. ca 1855, Va, parents b. Pa and Pa, son Morgan, 16, b. ca. 1904, VA, Married son Charlie, 20. b. 1900. VA, wife Laurau, 20. b. Va, their son, Emit L., 1, b. ca 1919. Speculation: 1870 Lee Co, VA census: William King,32 b. ca 1838, Lee Co., Va, wife, Pinkey, 39, b. ca. 1831, Grayson Co., VA. daughter Nancy J. (Jennie/Jamie?), 10. b. ca 1860, VA. Mclin Cemetery: Jennie Dean, no dates, wife of George Dean. Ed Cress, Lee Co., VA genealogical researcher. e-mail address: cressoakridge@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions