Search for content in message boards

William Marshall - Virginia

William Marshall - Virginia

Posted: 5 May 2010 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm researching William Marshall. During the rev war, he was a patriot living in Brunswick Co. Virginia. I think his wife's name was Rebecca. I know of 2 children - twin sons namde Paul and Saul.

Re: William Marshall - Virginia

Posted: 5 May 2010 2:41AM GMT
I think your William Marshall might be the son of Samuel Marshall. His Brunswick Co. will, dated 1815, names his wife as Rebecca. In the will he names some of his older children (by a first - unknown -wife), and refers to unnamed younger children (not yet 21 years old). Your Paul and Saul MIGHT be among those.

Samuel Marshall, his father, earlier lived in Brunswick, but later moved to Halifax and Warren County, NC, where he died ca. 1785. Samuel was the brother of my John Marshall.

If any of this sounds promising contact me offline at

txgeezer@sbcglobal.net

I have a huge file on this Marshall family that might help you more, and it includes a full transcription of William Marshall's 1815 Brunswick Co. will.

Re: William Marshall - Virginia

Posted: 27 Dec 2010 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: Marshall, Williams
I have Brunswick Co. deeds between Samuel Marshall and Joseph Williams; also between Samuel Marshall and John Williams.

James Marshall witnessed a will for William Dailey in 1777.

James Marshall married Mary Williams on 5 June 1789, Lazarus Williams, security.

Have found many other connections between the Marshall and Williams families including Malones and Penningtons.

Do you have any additional informaton that might link these families? I am a Williams researcher, looking for a needle in a haystack!

Thanks for any help,
Judith
jw62002@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic