Search for content in message boards

Morey Family

Morey Family

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Mar 2006 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Morey
I am researching the Morey line in Tolland Co., Ct, and would welcome any info re. this family. Specific names include: John, Caleb, Thomas, Israel, & Linsford. Any info would be welcome. My email address is: KSKidder@tallysys.com
Thanks in advance!

Re: Morey Family

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 12:07PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2007 10:25AM GMT
Surnames: Morey, Church, Buckingham
Kim,
My name is Dean Morey and I to am looking for information on my Morey Tree in Mansfield, Tolland CT. Mine starts with Charles Lee Morey b. 14 Feb 1799 d. 22 Sep 1852, married Eunich Church 10 Nov 1824.
Their son, Samuel Ladoit Morey b. 8 mar 1838 d. unknown, married Mary Ann Buckingham 10 Sep 1860.
At this point Samuel and Mary Ann's 7th child Edgar was born in North Windham, CT and Edgar moved to Providence, R.I.
The names that you have sited I ahve seen before.
I my be of some help but if our paths cross some where we would most likely have to go back one or two generations.
Feel free to contact me at "deanamorey@aol.com"
Dean Morey

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 1:56AM GMT
I don't know if this will help or not. According to the 1771 census of Orford, NH (Town papers, NH Vol. IX, 1638-1784) the following Morey family is listed: Israel Morey, Esqr., wife Martha Palmer Morey, children: Israel, Jr. 11yrs, Samuel 9 yrs., Moulton 6 yrs.,Martha 4 yrs., and Darius, an infant 1/2. Then there is a note for Linsford Morey (Father of Israel Morey) & wife (Mary). I found this information on pages 422 and 424 in the book "Thanks to the Past - The Story of Orford, NH by Alice Doan Hodgson published in 1965 by Historical fact Publications, Orford, NH.

Posted: 1 Aug 2003 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2003 12:04PM GMT
I can provide a bit more information on this line of Moreys. I have offspring of Linsford and Sarah(1st wife) and Mary (2nd wife). I have information on Samuel Morey and his wife. Feel free to e-mail me at thepaqcrew@msn.com. Tammy

Posted: 30 Jan 2007 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2007 10:25AM GMT
I found a Linsford Morey b. 1777 buried in Hamlin, Monroe County, NY (Lakeside Cemetery). I have photos of gravestones for this Morey family, so let me know if you are interested--I can email them to you. Other names are John, Darius, another Linsford and wives.
~Kelly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic