Search for content in message boards

Baker Ancestors

Baker Ancestors

Sue Baker (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker, Manchester

I am looking for proof of second hand information.
I am looking for the parents of my gggg grandfather Esek Baker. I am told that he is the son of Benejah Baker and Mary Manchester. Esek was born in RI, Dec of 1779. However, I haven't yet found a birth record. I was told that Benejah Baker had a son Esek. I need to find out if he is my Esek.
I was also told that they lived in Hancock, Berkshire County, MA sometime from 1780-1815. It also showed that Benejah was a soldier in the Revolutionary War.
Any ideas on where to look? I am rather new at this.
Thanks
Sue Baker

t

Re: Baker Ancestors

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
If you are still out there looking I do have some information for you. It appears as though there were two Esek Bakers of about the same age. The one in my family line was born in RI and moved to Shutesbury MA. His headstone is in Hadley MA. There appears to have been an Esek in the Hancock Lanesboro MA area at basically the same time. I believe the Hancock/Lanesboro Baker I believe moved on to New York but am not certain. On the very small chance that it is either the same Esek please pass on to me any information you have. Esek did also have a son Dwight Esek or Esek Dwight. He is in the same Hadley Cemetary as Esek.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions