Search for content in message boards

Berry (last name) of Cherokee Nation

Berry (last name) of Cherokee Nation

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 1:43PM GMT
Looking for information on great-grandfather last name Berry, Cherokee, married Nora (Irish); lived in Raleigh NC; may have managed or owned a saloon in Raleigh; daughter, Minnie. Any contacts with Cherokee records in NC? Minnie married Billie Bishop and remained in Raleigh. Contact through message board or e-mail.

Delaware Indian Possible Connection

Therese Hankel (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 4:22PM GMT
Hi. My name is Therese Hankel. My father's name was John Berry Hankel (brothers Pat and Jerry Hankel from Iowa) Family history is that we're related to the Berry family from Ohio? At one time, the Hankel and Berry family had a beer distributing business called Hankel Berry Distributing (?). Supposedly, a Berry was descended from I thought, the Delaware Indian tribe, and helped defeat the British at Fort Recovery, Ohio. Have you ever heard of any of this before? Could be related to the Donahue family from Ohio. Feel free to email me at therese@qnet.com.

Cherokee nation Berrys

Dave Berry (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 10:48PM GMT
I don't know of the location, but I have an ancestor named William Edward Berry whose wife Mary Alice Adair was Cherokee.

Berry/Wooten

Inger (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 7:51AM GMT
My family of Berrys are from East Texas and my great grandmother, Sadie Exlie Berry-Wooten father had alot of Indian in his blood line. My grandmother is from Lovelady, TX.

Re: Berry/Wooten

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berry, Buckner
I am also looking for the Cherokee history of my family. My
grandfather name Was John Edward Berry b. Birth 7 May 1897 in Yazoo City, Yazoo, Mississippi, USA
Death 1 Dec 1990 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United States of America. He married Evelyn Marguerite Buchner.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions