Search for content in message boards

Edith Evans Shepherd

Edith Evans Shepherd

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Shepherd, Evans, Eschler
The Deseret News, 10/19/01

Edith Evans Shepherd, daughter of Frederick Charles and Caroline Eschler Evans, was born in Paris, Idaho, May 27, 1917. She died Oct. 17, 2001, having lived a life filled with enthusiasm and love for her family and others.
Edith married Heber Joffre Shepherd on Feb. 21, 1949 in the Manti LDS Temple. Joff died on April 30, 1992. They are the parents of three children, Mary Dee (David F. Evans) and Charles Marcus (Kristal Olson) of Salt Lake City and Frederick Warren (Phensri Kontongern) of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Her family also includes 15 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Edith was raised in the small farming community of Raymond, Idaho near Bear Lake. She earned her RN degree from William Budge Memorial Hospital in Logan, Utah. She continued her nursing education in New York City at Bellevue Hospital specializing in operating room supervising. Her love for nursing grew into a great compassion for serving others.
She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She fulfilled many assignments especially enjoying her work with Young Women and Relief Society. Her assigned service at the Salt Lake Temple provided a great source of satisfaction and she was able to actively perform that service until her passing.
Edith is also survived by two brothers and one sister, Edwin E. (Ted) of Boise, Idaho, and Douglas C. of Rochester, New York, and Ruth E. Yashko of Lehi, Utah. She was preceded in death by brothers, Roscoe and
LaGrande and a sister, Alice. Many nieces and nephews will fondly remember Aunt Ede and, as "Nanny" she will be loved and remembered by her family.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon Saturday, Oct. 20, 2001 at the Mt. Olympus 2nd Ward, 3862 E. Oakview Drive. Friends and family are welcome at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park and Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Drive, Friday, 6-8 p.m. and at the church Saturday, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Interment will be at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.

Re: Edith Evans Shepherd

Mary Rydberg (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2004 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eschler, Ashler, Bringgold, Golden, Rogers
Do you know the name of Caroline Eschler's parents?

I am looking for the descendents/ancestors of Jacob Eschler or Ashler who settled in the Goodhue and Dodge Co area. One of his nine children was Caroline, the other eight: Mary, Henry, John, Emma, Susan, Rosetta, Jacob jr., and Albert.

Posted: 20 May 2004 4:13PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 7:17PM GMT
According to the LDS website familysearch.org, Caroline Eschler's parents are Gottfried Eschler and Rosina Kathrina Kunz.

I am not able to help you any other way, as I am not a member of this family. I am a volunteer for Rootsweb and put this obituary into that website for Bear Lake County, Idaho

A.M. Henley

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 7:23AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2011 7:26AM GMT
Most of this family are list in Bern, Idaho. I no a lot of people in this Family. Look at www.findagrave.com, in the Bear Lake Section you can probabably find information, Pictures and other stuff. If that dont help you look at the Book, History of the Bear Lake Pioneers, and other books wrote by The Daughter's of Utah Pioneer's. The Kunz family was and still is in Bern. The Shepherd Families in mostly paris, some in Dingle and And some in Montpelier. I was born in the Edward Tracey Shepherd Family.
Good Luck, I hope this helps you.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: RE: Edith Evans Shepherd
I did some history for this family several years back. I no that their were some of the surnames of Hirshi (spelling not correct), Kunz, Bowman, Schmid, Buhler, Alleman, Knutti and some Harris's that I no that she is in. I no that most of them where in Paris, Bern and Geneva. If you go to www.findagrave.com, then look up Dorothy Lewis in Bear Lake County, Idaho. You can most of this family and they are mostly linked.

Re: Edith Evans Shepherd (Parents of Caroline Eschler- Johannes Joneli Eschler & Magdalena Berger

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 4:01AM GMT
Discard my last messages. I just went to www.findagrave.com and found her. If this is the one you are looking for. He husband is listed as Robert Kunz. Her parents where Johannes Joneli Eschler and Magdalena Berger. Her children are list as follows, Emma Caroline Kunz, Kunz, Robert Henry Kunz, Alvin Nephi Kunz, O. Louis Kunz, Ella Grace Kunz Wilde, Erma Laverne Kunz Young, Rosanna Kunz Kunz, Elizabeth Myrtle Kunz, Demar Ivan Kunz.
Also is this information
Birth: Oct. 16, 1862
Death: Aug. 3, 1929

ID: 55964
Last Name: Kunz
First Name: Caroline
Cemetery: Bern, Idaho
Birth Date: 16 Oct 1862
Birth Place: Boltigen, Switzerland
Date Died: 3 Aug 1929
Death Place: Bern, Idaho
Father: John (Jonely) Eschler
Mother: Susanna Katharina Zwahlen
Spouse: Robert Kunz
Sources: Sexton Record.
Remarks:
Go to www.findagrave.com, go to your right and click on the first list in the options. Then when the new page comes up type in Caroline Kunz, check the first box under that, the Select The United States, Then Idaho, Then Bear Lake. She should come right up. There are some pictures of her and a link to her parents and other family memorials. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Re: Edith Evans Shepherd (Parents of Caroline Eschler- Johannes Joneli Eschler & Magdalena Berger

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Eschler, Berg
per page

Find a board about a specific topic