Search for content in message boards

WOMACK

WOMACK

Mark Womack (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am currently working on a book on the Womacks of Halifax County, Virginia. This book covers all Womack's in the county, not just my family line. In the process of the research for this book and my family tree, I have collected a large body of information related to Womacks and allied families. I am willing to share this information with people possibly related to Halifax Womacks. I want this book to be as complete as possible. If your family has connections, please email me. I may be able to fill in gaps you aren't even aware of. Thanks, -Mark

WOMACK, PRICE, POTTER, KATES, DIXON, ESTILL

sarah (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
looking for info on mary henrietta WOMACK-price and husband, hart lafayette price. also joseph evans KATES and wife sarah liona GROVE-KATES, and charles howard POTTER and wife nora DIXON-POTTER, and relations to bobbie mae ESTILL-PRICE-PAXTON. thank you.

Mary Henrietta WOMACK-PRICE

Mark Womack (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WOMACK, PRICE
Sarah,

Do you have a time period for this marriage?

Mark Womack

WOMACK / RICE

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2005 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: WOMACK, RICE
Thomas A. Womack, b. in Halifax Co., Va., in 1743, married Louvisa Rice in 1766. She was a daughter of John Rice, Esq., a member of the first court of Lunenburg & served in the Lunenburg Militia in 1747. In 1783, they moved to Rutherford Co., N.C., and he died before the 1790 census. Do you have any information on this family?
Ken Whittaker
kwhittaker@isdn.net
Posted: 22 Dec 2006 2:27AM GMT
i would love to get some of that information....i have family still in halifax, viriginia and south boston

Re: WOMACK, PRICE, POTTER, KATES, DIXON, ESTILL

Posted: 16 Mar 2007 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Womack Price
Mary Henrietta Womack Price was my Great Grandmother, a member of the family has posted a chart at:
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:284946...

Posted: 21 May 2008 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Womack
I am also looking for info on a Womack, one Agnes Womack, possibly originally from Charlotte County Womacks. This was her maiden name. She appears to have married my ancestor Thomas Terry Williams in Pittsylvania Co. on Feb. 10, 1834.

He was a widower with 3 young sons. It was her second marriage and she was several years older than he, I think. They had no children. He was killed 4/13/1835 by one of his slaves in either Pittsylvania or Halifax Co.as the Williams property was in both counties. Agnes Womack Williams just dropped from sight afterwards as court records show his three children were raised by their Williams grandparents.-----Anyone know anything about Agnes Womack?
Posted: 23 May 2008 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: henderson
I descend from Halifax Hendersons, on whom I am stuck. Specifically on "Levicy", wife of Charles. I ran across Louvisa Rice, which caught my attention, as Rice is a given name in the Hendersons and also the connected King family. I have wondered if this Levicy could be namesake for Louvisa Rice. (I'm desperate.) They were same generation. I would be very interested to know if you have or suspect any connections with Henderson or King.

Christine Henderson
Spfld, IL
Posted: 18 Dec 2012 1:30AM GMT
Hello!

I hope this isn't a duplicate post as I think I hit the wrong button when I tried to send it a moment ago.

Sorry that it has taken me over 4 years to reply. I only work at this sporadically in the winter months and just missed your query.

We are not related to any Henderson or Rice families from Halifax Co., VA. However , there are some Rice families there today. Halifax is a very rural county to this day and full of families who have lived here for many generations so it is ripe for genealogical research.

Our Williams and Hodges ancestors have lived in Halifax Co since 1740.

However, I am descended from Hendersons on my paternal grandmother's side. These Hendersons lived in Roanoke Co and Franklin Counties, VA which are to the west of us. The 19th century westward migratory pattern from Southern VA counties went through Southwest VA . Unlike my mothers side, there are virtually no records aside from census data on our VA Hendersons as that line has died out . The only one who left any footprints was my great, great grandfather William Alexander Henderson from Roanoke Co. {Salem} VA. He was a school teacher in Salem, VA at the outbreak of the Civil War and enlisted in an artillery unit, Griffin's Flying Battery from Salem. He served as a cannoneer in Lee's Army of Northern VA in all of the major battles and survived Gettysburg, after which he went into the Infantry and received severe mutilating and disabling wounds at Cold Harbor in 1864. He was disabled for life and received a Confederate pension. He died at the home of a son and was buried in Franklin Co., VA shortly after the turn of the century.

If there is a connection, please advise.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions