Search for content in message boards

James Edward Barger query

James Edward Barger query

Diana Bargar Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barger
This is not verified info....it is a copy of a listing from
the "Barger Family Journal" by Alvan Lyell Barger, 1939.
BARGER, JAMES EDGAR, son of Michael and Margaret Barger, was born near Petersburg, Grant County, West Virginia, April 12th, 1868, being a great-grandson of Peter Barger and Mariah, nee Sehpards, of Shepherdstown, Jefferson Co., WV.

Hope this helps you out.

Margaret Barger

Donita (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BARGER
Hi,
Do you have a birth date on Margaret Barger and who might be the grand parents of James Edgar Barger?
Thanks,
Donita

Michael and Margaret Barger

Diana Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
The following is the entry in the Barger Family Journal on Michael and Margaret Barger:

Michael Barger, son of Peter and Mary Barger, of Petersburg, Grant Co., WV; grandson of Peter and Mariah Barger, of Shepherdstown, Jefferson Co., WV; farmer near Petersburg. Margaret, his wife, was born April 25th, 1844. He died January 4th, 1896. Their children were: Thornton R; James E.; Clarence C.; Jefferson G.; Alonzo A.; Thomas J.; Peter C.; Wilbur M.; Howard L.; L. Grover; Ida E.

Re: James Edward Barger query

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 9:36PM GMT
My grandfather lL G Barger verified the informationn with my mother before she died. Do you have a copy of the journal?

Re: James Edward Barger query

Posted: 26 Dec 2013 7:59PM GMT
My grandfather was LG Barger and I don't believe you are looking at the right Bargers. LG moved with 4 of his brothers to Washington CH, OH in the early 1900's and died in 1972. He married to Achsah Jane Stuckey and had four children. One of his sons is still alive and in his 90's. I have memories of LG, Ida, and the decendents of two of his brothers. The Barger name is carried on by four of my cousins.

Jane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic