Search for content in message boards

NICHOLSON-KY, IND, IOWA, OHIO

NICHOLSON-KY, IND, IOWA, OHIO

Mary Marler Winham (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 1:27PM GMT
Looking for Nicholson's born in KY ca. 1804. Also b. IND 1826 and b. Madison Co., Iowa (Winterset) or DeSoto.

KY Nicholsons

Denise Goodale (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 4:04PM GMT
My grandfather is Woodrow Nicholson b.1910
he is currently living in East Bernstdat KY

My great grandfather is Shelby Nicholson a one time resident of Manchester, KY.

We are of the Francis Nicholson clan.

Nicholson

Posted: 21 Sep 2000 4:20PM GMT
Thanks for the info. All my Nicholson's were in Iowa, then Texas and Okla. I'm still searching this line...who knows...some may have gone to KY. Thanks....Mary

IA>KS Nicholson

Posted: 28 Sep 2000 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2002 3:58PM GMT
Mary, do you have names for your Iowa people?
Personally, I have IN and KS ties on the main lines
William and Margaret Wilson Nicholson m. Clark Co IN,
1820, my GGgrandfather James Wilson Nicholson/Nickelson married
1853, Clark Co IN to Margaret E. Koons. The family
was in Phelps (City) MO mid 1860's and settled in
Southeast NE- where he died 1869. He is from a large
family- making ties daily, and have several other
researchers on this line.

A friend of mine, in IA, is researching Nicholson/Nickelson
families from NC>IN>IA. If you have some kind of names to work with
, maybe we can help provide some leads?

Nicholson's in Iowa

Posted: 4 Oct 2000 6:52PM GMT
In Iowa I have Samuel L. Nicholson b. ca 1775 Scotland m. Permelia Argo b. 11 Feb 1788 d. 15 Oct 1868 in Iowa. She is buried in the Fairview Cemetery in Madison Co., Iowa. Then Samuel Washington Nicholson b. 3 Nov 1825 Jeff Co., Ohio, d. 27 Oct 1874 Iowa, m. Minerva White b. 15 Oct 1831 Muskingum, Ohio, d. 6 May 1920 Iowa. They were married 18 June 1850, in Ohio? Both are buried in Fairview Cemetery. There children were Elvira or Almira J. b. 1849 Ohio, James H b. 1855, Ind., Sarah L. and William M. My gg grandfather was Thomas D or B. Nicholson b. ca 1804 KY, d. after July 1870 and m. ca 1823 to Ruth Brown b. Nov 1804 NC or Tenn. 1880 Census says Tenn. She d. 29 Oct 1869 Iowa and is buried in Trester Cemetery, Jefferson Township, Madison Co., Iowa. Their son John Brown Nicholson was my ggrandfather. He was b. 20 Dec 1826 in Evansville, Ind. d. 25 April 1896 Decatur, TX. m. 21 Feb 1858 Mary Jane Brittain b. 18 July 1835 Terre Haute, Ind. and d. 9 April 1912 in Comanche Co., OK. John Brown Nicholson's siblings were: James W. Nicholson, Edward Geeter Nicholson, Thomas Benton Nicholson. John Brown Nicholson had a son Christopher Columbus Nicholson b. late 1856 or early 1857 in Indiana. He was a child or a previous marriage and when the Nicholson's moved to Texas he elected to stay either in Indiana or Iowa. Can't find any info on him other than that. He is listed on the 1860 census of Madison Co., Iowa as age 4, but was not living with the family in the 188870 Census. I have more names, dates and places of siblings of each of the off spring of Thomas and Ruth Brown Nicholson if anyone is interested. Hope this helps someone and they can return the favor! Mary Marler Winham
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 10:18AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2003 2:01PM GMT
Looking for Nicholsons related to Samuel Forrest Nicholson-born10-18-1887 in shelbyville Indiana, father was William Thomas Nicholson. Any info. would be helpful

joseph nicholson or john henry b.11 feb 1863

steven nicholson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2001 4:34AM GMT
trying to get past joseph who is gr.gr.grandfather his wife almara higgin
john henry nicholson wife mary elsa park

thank you
steven

my nicholsons

Posted: 14 Feb 2001 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2003 12:19AM GMT
i am looking for any connection to my great great grandfather james nicholson he has three sons named andrew ,lewis , and james m/
was marrier two times one was patsy mapp of burbon county and the other martha cary the first time i find him is in 1850 census of scott co ky 50 yrs old living with a son thanka again any help greatly appreciated

Nicholson Family Ties

Denise Nicholson Goodale (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2001 3:32PM GMT
I have a Nicholson Family Registry for my Family and I looked to see if there was a James in the 1850 area. There doesn't seem to be Francis Nicholson had several sons and I am of the lineage of his oldest son Richard. It is possible that you are of the lineage of one of the other brothers. There are related Nicholsons throughout New England, Calfornia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio that I am familiar with. Most of my immediate family is from Clay County Kentucky.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to mail me.

Nickelson

RON NICKELSON (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2001 8:57PM GMT
Hi;Carol
Looking for info on a James Nickelson from MD, PA, Ill, and Kansas. His son James Jr.,
Jr. son - James Marion Sr., Sr. son James Marion Jr., James Jr. wife Mary Stover[not her maden name]. James Marion Sr. wife Clarissa Karnes. James Marion Jr. wife
Ida Alice Tippie. Thanks Ron email
pilotman53@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions