Search for content in message boards

Scales From Virginia to Georgia

Scales From Virginia to Georgia

Posted: 10 May 2011 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 May 2011 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Scales
I'm looking for the ancestors of Henry Scales born about Jan 1840 in Virginia. He is my G-grandfather. His line of Scales migrated to Georgia. He married in 1868 to a lady name Katie. Both were African Americans. If there is anyone who may have the knowledge of this line of Scales I would be most appreciative if you contact me. My email address is hajiyaqub@gmail.com

Re: Scales From Virginia to Georgia

Posted: 17 May 2011 5:30PM GMT
My maternal side of the family are Scales'. I would try looking for records in Rockingham County, NC (Simpsonville, Stoneville, Madision, etc.) We're spread all over the place. Some of the Scales' migrated to Virginia (near the TN/WV/KY border) and West Virginia primarily to work as coal miners. There were alot of free blacks in Virginia, especially in Appalachia country. I'm not sure of any Scales families that originiated in VA. Do you know if he was born free or slave?

Re: Scales From Virginia to Georgia

Posted: 9 Aug 2011 4:46PM GMT
I am searching for a Rachel Scales (unknown maiden name) who lived in Rockingham, NC. She was born in Virginia in 1790. She is supposed to be of Native American decent. She had a daughter in 1828, her name was Jenetta or Jenette. Jenetta's Native American name was supposedly White Fawn. She married John Riley Fair.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions