Search for content in message boards

Graves off Swan Creek Road

Graves off Swan Creek Road

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Who were the 3 people that were buried off of swan creek road? Names were Carl and Caroline Carols birthdate was 12/1803 and death was 3/1873

Re: Graves off Swan Creek Road

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 7:52PM GMT
Interesting question! I pulled out my St.Clair Co. cemetery map published by the Times Herald in 1995 and it looks like the reference would be to Swan Creek Cemetery, Arnold and Hessen Roads, "abandoned." The Cemetery page on the St. Clair Co. Genweb doesn't have any additional information. We need to check this out. :)

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 8:09AM GMT
You listed 3 people that were buried - but gave only two names. Were there only 3 people buried in that cemetery? Do you know the names of everyone buried there? Am trying to find the grave of my 4g grandmother Anna Knoll.

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 2:31PM GMT
'
Is this your Anna ?

Saint Paul's Lutheran Cemetery, Casco, St. Clair County, Michigan

Anna Elizabeth KNOLL
1808 - 1872

Her Memorial at Find A Grave.com
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=36...

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 2:04AM GMT
Yes - she is my Anna!

I have been in contact with St Paul's Lutheran Church and they graciously found her entry in their funeral / death records. According to their records she was buried in a cemetery new the town of Ira. It is believed she was not buried in the St Paul Cemetery. The only cemetery I've been able to locate is the one on Swan Creek Rd - and keep hoping someone has a record of who is buried there as it is quite a drive for me to go there.

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 8:40PM GMT
I don't have any info, but give Findagrave.com a try.

Posted: 19 Jan 2014 2:37PM GMT
In a book I helped research and completed in 1990, "The Heritage of Ira", there is info on the Swan Creek Rd cemetery on p. 72. If you give me your email, I'll send you a scanned photo of that page with info and a photo of the cemetery.

jlclyne@charter.net

Posted: 19 Jan 2014 8:47PM GMT
Am excited to get the information!

email is hebrews12@hotmail.com

please put Swan Creek Rd. Cemetery in subject line.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions