Search for content in message boards

Surname:Wikkerwink

Surname:Wikkerwink

Mary O'Loughlin (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 3:27PM GMT
I am looking for family of Wilhemina Wikkerwink who was my great-grandmother. She married my great-grandfather Fred Holle who is from Wisconsin. If anyone has any info. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!!!!

Re: Surname:Wikkerwink

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2001 12:30AM GMT
Minnie Wikkerink who married Fred Holle was my great aunt. I have information and pictures of her, her family, her parents. I also have three or four generations of ancestors and descentants of her. She lived in St. Croix County, in the town of Hammond, attended the presbyterian church where many of her grandchildren and greatgrandchilren still attend.
How are you related? I have been looking for someone to help me with her grandchildren who moved to Montana and beyond to help me with my data.
Please E-mail me
Judy

Judy Newman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2004 12:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wilhemina Wikkerink was known as Minnie Wikkerink. I have pictures and a lot of information about her family. Please contact me.
Judy

Posted: 19 Apr 2011 2:12PM GMT
Fred Ludwig Holle son of Christian William Holle was born in Milwaukee Wisconsin. His mother was Julie or Tonia Breen also from Milwaukee. He married Minnie Wikkerink and they moved to Baldwin Wisconsin. In 1915 Fred moved to Chicago. Fred died on 25 Apr 1934 in Chicago. I have a list of their children but need more information on the Holles from Baldwin Wisconsin

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 12:13AM GMT
Hi Judy,
I am one of the Montana Holles. My name is Kristin and Fred Holle was my great grandfather. His son, Walter Lloyd Holle was my grandfather on my father's side. Walter was born 15 Jul 1895 in St Croix, Wisconsin. He was married to Kathryn M. Shustarich who was born 20 Sept 1905 in Eveleth, Minnesota. They were married 30 April 1927. They had a total of 9 children:
Richard Holle (my dad)-passed away in 2000
Walter Holle
Pat Holle
Jim Holle
Doug Holle
Steven Holle
Robert Holle
Phillip Holle (died in a car wreck back in the 50s)
Connie Holle
Feel free to look up Holle Family Tree and let me know if I can help any more :-)

Kristin

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 8:24PM GMT
You will find more in the Dutch side http://www.genlias.nl/en/search
The surname of Wikkerink originates from Aalten. Find more on that site. That is the utmost east side of the Netherlands, bordering Germany.

Re: Holle family in Milwaukee & the local German papers ...

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 12:47AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2013 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Holle Breen Wikkerink Rauh
"Fred Ludwig Holle son of Christian William Holle was born in Milwaukee Wisconsin. His mother was Julie or Tonia Breen also from Milwaukee. He married Minnie Wikkerink and they moved to Baldwin Wisconsin ..."

There was an "F. L. Holle" in Milwaukee that left a biographical trail in local German papers. These range from lost livestock notices (1863); a letter held for him from Friedrichsstadt (1867); to death notices at the age of 82. The odd thing is that the name was always published the same the way: F. L. Holle. A Wilhelmine Holle also had multiple family death notices published in multiple German papers.

Funny enough, my Rauh relatives in Baldwin, Wis. published death notices for the patriarch of that family (Wolfgang) in the Milwaukee papers, although I don't know whether that is the situation here. (I'm not a Holle researcher)

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...

Re: Holle family in Milwaukee & the local German papers ...

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Holle
I am a Holle researcher and have most of the Milwaukee Holle family records that were written in English. I have posted all of these records on Ancestry.com DAVID L. HOLLE Family Tree. Since I do not read German I do not have the German Newspaper records. I am extremely interested in having the German newspaper information and plan to contact Gary Rebholz by e-mail.
F.L.Holle was Frederick Ludwig Holle born 11 May 1811 believed in Schleswig, Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark on 11 May 1811. He married Wilhelmine (Bille?) and in 1848 moved to Milwaukee with his family. He had a farm between 8th and 9th street off of Center Street. He died 28 Dec 1893 at age 82 and is buried with Wilhelmine in Union Cemetery (pictures on Find A Grave) His son Fred Ludwig Holle Jr. was the one that moved to Baldwin. I also have the Cedar Grove Wisconsin Holle family records which are on Ancestry.com.
Thank you so much for your post.
David L Holle dholle@wi.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic