Hubbard, Jane 5
Hubbard, Flora 2

In the 1860 census they are believed to be these folks, as ages match
1860 Hopkinton, St Lawrence, NY
Hubbard, Merrit 30
Hubbard, Matilda 27
Hubbard, Charles 7
Hubbard, Mary A 3

By 1880 census, Charles Hubbard is in Butler Co, Iowa with his COUSINS-- Charles Mead; William Mead and Carrie Mead

1880 Middletown
Hubbard, Merrit 50
Hubbard, Matilda 46
Hubbard, Flora 10 **should be 12**
Hubbard, Hulda 8

Flora Hubbard goes on to marry George Hubbard and they remove to the Fort Edward/Fort Ann area of Washington Co, NY
and I have all that info just fine. It's the working "backwards" that's slow going.

Just yesterday, I found the above earlier census, as in Washington Co vital records it listed Flora as Flora Hubbard Hubbard---which I thought was a reporting error; however, came up with these two census.

In 1892 Merrit Hubbard is in Fort Ann--ALONE

In the 1900 census Matilda Hubbard is Widowed and lists 5 of her 6 children still alive. I've got Flora down pat; however tracing the other 4 girls is proving a challange.

The challange is why is Merrit called Myron, just in that one census? It definitely throws that question out there to ponder

Would like to know if Tinmouth Cemetery Book and see if clues or answers are contained there.
Vermont Vitals hasn't produced anything, yet, that gets me any farther along and I've spent hours and hours trying to gain any clue.

Re: Merrit or Myron HUBBARD; wife Matilda

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2013 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Hubbard
I am also interested in the Merrit & Matilda Hubbard Family.
An added bit of information is the following marriage record about Hulda Hubbard, daughter of Merrit and Matilda:
Hulda Hubbard, age 23, born Middleton, Vermont, dau. of Hiram and Matilda Hubbard, married George Fredette on 1 July 1894. Mr. John Quay, preacher, of Foresdale (Forest Dale?), Vermont officiated. The record was created in Tinmouth, Vermont.

I don't know why Hulda's marriage record reports her father as Hiram. As far as I can tell, there was no other Hulda Hubbard who was born in Middleton, Vermont about 1871. Let's keep researching this family.

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 6:03PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2013 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Hubbard; Dye; Kilbourne/Kilburn; Spooner
In rechecking my later notes---after I posted the original query---I went on to ascertain that Merrit was the son of Alvah Hubbard, Sr and Mary Ann/Polly Dye, of Middletown Springs, Rutland Co, VT found in the 1850 Middletown, Rutland Co, VT census.

According to Fort Ann, Washington Co, NY vitals: Merrit Hubbard died 26 November 1893 in Fort Ann, NY

Just put together, this morning, that Matilda Hubbard is the daughter of Truman Kilburn and Elizabeth Spooner.

You're welcome to email me directly--makes things easier for more, in depth discussion; also should records exchange be desired. genefrog52@yahoo.com

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 3:29AM GMT
I agree with your posting. Alva Hubbard was the son of Jesse Hubbard, Sr. and Mary Codner, born about 1797 in Rutland County, Vermont. In land records of Vermont, Alva Hubbard gives rights of house to his parents Jesse and Mary Hubbard and receives a lease on the property, dated 1 March 1824. His parents were living in Middleton, Rutland, Vermont. In that record, Alva's name is spelled Alva and Alvey.

In the 1850 census of Middleton, Rutland, Vermont, Truman or Freeman Kilburn,age 45, and Elizabeth Kilburn age 34 are living with Matilda age 17, George age 13, Hannah, James, William, Edgar and George. The death record of Matilda Hubbard (dated 25 May 1907 in Brandon, Vermont) mentions that her mother was Elizabeth Spooner and her father was Freeman Kilburn. Maybe you have that record.

Thanks for your email address. Mine is bill.jonice@gmail.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic