Search for content in message boards

John Sawyer Brooks

John Sawyer Brooks

Melinda Brooks Buck (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks
I am trying to find out more information about John Sawyer Brooks who is buried in Brooks Chapel Cemetery.

My gg grandfather was William John "Bill" Brooks born about 1852 in Butler Co. I am hoping that these two connect, and that John Sawyer might prove to be my gggg grandfather. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Melinda Brooks Buck

Re: John Sawyer Brooks

Melinda Brooks Buck (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2013 7:49PM GMT
I still believe that their is a link between my Brooks line and John Sawyer Brooks. I wanted to update my query due to change of internet provider and new email address.

Thanks,
Melinda

Linda Lambert (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 8:02PM GMT
Hi. I am also researching John Sawyer Broos. I have always been told he was my ggggrandfather. Do you have a complete list of his children. I have names, but could be his sisters 7 brothers. There was a william Brooks in Monroe Co. al. who lived next to James brooks, my gggrandfather, I wonder if william & Sawyer were brothers & Wm. named his son after Sawyer Brooks. any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Linda D. Lambert

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 12:07AM GMT
HI I it been two year sent you post your messages and you my all redy known it But the libray in Greenville Al has good bid on a John Sawyer Brooks I an looking for info.on a John K
Brooks that was living in the Jamestown ship on coneuch in the1900-10-20-30 He was my grandfather he was born 1862 was mairred to Nancy T Horton in 1888 and they had one daughter she was also name Nancy then he married a Mary Jane Sanford she was my my grandmother
Thank you any info. I would so thankell

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 3:56AM GMT
Thank you Lottie for the informationI did not know about the library having the information.I don't have any information onJohn K. Brooks except for what I looked up on Ancestry.ComOn the 1910 census was Preston Brooks born 1892 who was a hired man in the home of J. Henry Sanford.On the 1930 census,John K. Brooks was age 66 & wife Mary was 52.Daughter Lula M. was 12 & also in household was Grandson Ralph Miniard age 15.On 1900 census,John K. Brooks was born January,1867.Wife Mary was born May 1870(Couldn't make out 2nd no.)Son William was born January 1897 & daughter Margaret was born May 1899.I will keep looking & send along anything I find.Linda

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT
My grandfather was William James Sawyer Brooks.

According to Nigel Brooks, family historian in the UK: "A Member of the DNA Project has written in a forum about a John Sawyer Brooks living around Butler County, Alabama [this was posted in 2010]. She mentions a William and Samuel being possible brothers and their father was expected [unproven] to be a William W Brooks born circa 1757 Virginia.

With the DNA Project, I am researching my grandfather's ancestry. I believe there is a connection through Anguilla to Alabama, where the family settled. I was born in Tuscaloosa.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions