Search for content in message boards

Pearl Laudon (?correct spelling)

Pearl Laudon (?correct spelling)

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Laudon
I believe Pearl Laudon was the name of my father's birth mother. He was born 18 July 1921, in Zachary and was adopted by Richard & Eva Christine Flournoy of Mississippi. Pearl evidently died around 1942. She had a sister, Mrs L.L. Roberts who wrote a letter to my mother, Ruth Flournoy in 1958. Both my parents are dead now.

I am looking into the family tree and would like to have information about my father's birth mother's family if at all possible.

Re: Pearl Laudon (?correct spelling)

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 4:22AM GMT
Call the court house in zachary and ask for the number of Betty Taylor. She is the historian for zachary, IF she can help you she will. her office is located in the historical district of Zachary in the old fire house.

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 4:23AM GMT
Are you sure of the spelling of the last name? its not Loudon is it?

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 8:34AM GMT
Hi, yes, it is Loudon and I received a reply from a third cousin and have found out much info. Was Pearl a relation of yours? Thanks

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 2:14PM GMT
yes Pearl was in our family will look it up for you if you want me to

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 7:59PM GMT
That would be very kind of you.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 2:21AM GMT
The correct spelling for our line of the Blacks is Loudon. I know I saw a Pearl now I just have to get back to it. have you ever heard of a book called The Plains And The People? I saw it once on Amazon. it is also in our public library, but you cannot check it out only read it. you can have them make copies for a price. I went once but only had a little time to look at it and will go again when my health permits. in the meantime I am still looking for you keep in touch with me in case i loose you.
Bobbie

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 4:32PM GMT
One of the cousins I found through my posting on the message boards was kind enough to send me the book. It was very interesting and helpful. I probably know what you know already. Pearl's parents were Minnie Unbehagen (various spellings) & James Clayton Loudon. His parents were James Martimer Loudon(disputes over whether it is Martimer or Mortimer) and Mary Dortch Young. James M's parents were David Loudon & Mary Jane Bogan. Have I reached our common ancestor yet? Hope you feel better soon.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 5:34PM GMT
I am located in livingston, but grew up in Baton Rouge, Where are you?

Posted: 8 May 2012 6:14PM GMT
did you get the information I sent you? Loudon is our line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic