Search for content in message boards

Nyseth Family

Nyseth Family

Posted: 1 Sep 2002 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nyseth, Tangen, Eimon, Vesta
Looking for living relatives of the following:

Olaus Nyseth b. 1862 Vestre Toten, Norway. d. 1946 in Trempealeau County. Parents were Andreas Hansen and Pernille Svendsdtr Nysethhagen of Norway.

married Mina Rose, b. 1857 Ostre Toten, Norway, d. 1927. Parents were Nils and Marie Rise of Norway. Mina had a sister, Clara, who was married to Hans Nyberg of Trempealeau County.

Children of Olaus and Mina Nyseth: Adolph Nyseth, Palma (Mrs. Henry) Tangen, Mabel (Mrs. Max) Eimon, Martha (Mrs. Oscar) Vesta, Nels Nyseth.

Olaus also had a sister Lisa Nyseth who lived in Trempealeau County. b. 1866 Vestre Toten, d. 1952 in Whitehall

Re: Nyseth Family

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 12:20AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 11:23PM GMT
Looking at the 1865 Norwegian Census, I'm not sure you're aware of the fact, Olaus had two brothers Hans (age 13) and Andreas (age 7) and a sister Hellene (age 9).

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2002 12:36AM GMT
Yes, I found the family on the 1865 census. As far as I know Olaus and Lisa Nyseth were the only siblings who came to the US. The brother Hans is not the Hans Nyberg in my original post, but from a different family. The son of the brother Andreas is actually the one who is related to my family. This family is only related by marriage, but I was still hoping to find some living relatives of the Nyseth family that came to MN. Thanks for your response.

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 1:57AM GMT
Actually, my grandmother's family was Nyseth and her brother Hjalmar "Elmer" did settle in Mn. My grandmother went to Chicago and then San Francisco. But I'm not sure how we would be related. They were originally Kristiansen's living on Nyseth farm in Vestre Toten.

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2002 3:44AM GMT
This could get interesting. I also have Kristiansens in my family. In my research, it seems as if the Nyseth farm and the Nyberg farm (and some others) were in the same area of Vestre Toten. I am not an expert by any means, but I seem to run across the same names all the time while researching. Almost like the families married into each other?

Elizabeth Nyseth (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2003 2:55AM GMT
Bonnie, how are you related to the Nyseth family? Mabel Nyseth Eimon is my grandmother, Olaus and Mina my great-grandparents. Palma, Martha, etc. my great aunts, uncles. My mother, Dagna, would have information on these people. Most of the people you refer to are buried in Pigeon Falls, WI. I am also married to a Nyseth! There seems to be 3 different "strands" of Nyseth's in the western WI area.

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2003 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Nyberg
Elizabeth - at first I thought I was just related to the Nyseth's by marriage. Gunnar Andreasen Nysethagen was married to my Grandfather's sister, Hilda. When I found Gunnar and Hilda's marriage record, it states that Gunnar's father and Hilda's father (my great-grandfather) were first cousins.

Olaus Nyseth and Gunnar's father, Andreas, were brothers.

Bonnie

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 8:34PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2012 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Nyseth
Mina is also my great grandmother on my grandfathers side. His name was Kristian Nyseth, son of Mina. Mina died about 1907 in Norway. My grandfather, Kristian was raised by his grand parents on the Nyseth Farm.Please contact me with any further info you might have. Also look at the Nyseth Solheim Family Tree which is mine. Thanks and take care.

Bente Nyseth

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 6:38AM GMT
My grandmother had a sister Mina Kristiansdatter Nyseth who died in Norway on 01/09/1908. She had been married to Karl Julius Johansen. And they had a son Kristian Leonard Nyset(h) born 12/24/1902. Is this your grandfather??? Was he raised by Kristian Jensen and Lovise Pedersdatter???

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Nyseth-Kristiansen
My grandfather was Kristian Nyseth, son of Mina Nyseth.My great uncle was Hjalmar "Elmer" Nyseth who migrated from Norway to St Paul, MN. I wonder if we have a connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions