Robbs from N,Ireland

Robb/Northern Ireland

Janice Damman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robb, Henderson
I am also researching the Robb/Henderson surname in Northern
Ireland. My great great grandfather was born in Toomebridge,
right outside of Ballymena. As he would say it 22 miles outside of Belfast. Thomas Robb immigrated to Ontario, Canada ca. 1870 and settled in Raleigh Twp., Kent County,
Ontario. His brother Samuel Robb later immigrated about 1880
and settled in Ontario.

Robbs from N,Ireland

Wayne Robb (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robb
Robbs in Northeren Ireland (Belfast) oraginley from mullakiltar (Scotland)looking for emingrated family, in Australia, USA and Candia.

Any and all information welcomed

Thank you

Wayne

Re: Robb/Northern Ireland

Kym Wescott (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Robb, Samuel Joseph, NE
I am searching for a Samuel Robb, born about 1862, father Charles, mother Elizabeth Smith. Any relation?

Janice Damman (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 7:37PM GMT
Do you know where in Northern Ireland your ancestors are from? My Robb family came from a small town right outside of Ballymena, 22 miles from Belfast. My grgrgrgrandfather was Patrick Robb and his wife Jane Henderson. We know of 5 children from this family, my grgrgrandfather Thomas Robb, 1844-1932, his brothers Samuel and John. They had two sisters Mary and Sarah Jane. Thomas and Samuel both immigrated to Ontario within a 10 year period of each other. We also have a John Robb who is in the same age range, but we are not sure if he is related. The daughters we do not think immigrated.

Kym Wescott (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2001 5:59PM GMT
Samuel Joseph Robb was a son of Charles and Elizabeth Smith/Robb. Samuel was born around 1862. I do not know where in Ireland he was born.

Re: Robbs from N,Ireland

Posted: 1 Jan 2002 8:23AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2003 1:17PM GMT
Wayne,

I think mullakiltar might be Mull of Kintyre, in south-west Scotland.

My Robbs are from the north-east of Scotland

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/literacy/robbs.html
http://www.gencircles.com/users/brucelaidlaw/
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=brucelai...

Bruce

Christi (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2002 2:31AM GMT
I am a descendent of John Robb, he was born near the city of Charelston, South Carolina on October 29, 1791. He had two brothers, Joseph and Eli, and two sisters Sarah and Isabell. His father was born in Ireland and his mother was of Scott and Welsh ancestry and this is where it ends. I have no name for either of John's parents or their origins of Ireland and Scotland. Any information?

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 12:35AM GMT
my grandfather's name is chuck, his father's name is joseph, and we think that his fathers name was george. Gearge immigrated to ontario with his family. We do not know if his father was samuel, but we do know that we have a family reletive of the name samuel, that existed during about the same years as your father. they immigrated from ireland. This may sound stupid, but we found out that they had gotten kicked out o ireland for stealing sheep. i do not know if it is true. please e-mail me back if you have any information whether or not we are related.my e-mail is boogaboogaboogaboo@hotmail.com

Posted: 24 Jun 2008 2:42PM GMT
I have just discovered your posting and hope that you are still interested in the Robb's that emigrated to Australia as I believe I am one of them. Our first names are very limited and include any and sometimes all of the following - Samuel John James William George Emily Margaret. Off the top of my head two brothers left Ireland in approximatley 1860 - there is some confusion as to whether Samual or James made it to Australia as there was a change of plans at the last minute - the vessel they borded was the "Strathfieldsaye". The remainder of this family emigrated to the USA and we (Australian Robbs) are very keen to contact any other members of our clan. I know that they came from County Tyrone as their property here is named after that country. Look forward to hearing any news.

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: RObb
I too am a descendant of John Robb born Oct.29,1791.Looking to exchange info with other descendants.,and exchange photos
of the ancestors.
hope you check the message board and reply.
chery
per page

Find a board about a specific topic