Search for content in message boards

George W Baker Death certificate

George W Baker Death certificate

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2013 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Baker
We have a bit of a mystery in our family, we have an eldest son of Adam William Baker and Elizabeth Speaker Baker George W ran away or left home at the age of 18 years. He wasn't heard from again, even though his father and brothers searched for years for him. Then he died some where from Jan to March 1923 as a lawyer contacted the Postmaster in Middlepoint Van Wert Co., Ohio to see if he had any living relatives. This we know for a fact as we have found the newspaper articles. He died in Omaha NE and we found him just once on a 1900 Federal Census living in what was called South Omaha. He was born 14 May 1854 or 1853 in Van Wert Co., OH. to the above named parents

Does anyone know which Funeral home might have information on him? Also how to get probate records for him? Does any one do volunteer look ups for deaths for 1923 that could tell us when he died so we would have more to go on?

Would be very appreciative of any and all help, thank you ahead for the time spent helping us.

karond_1

Re: George W Baker Death certificate

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 10:34PM GMT
Hi...not related.

Found a George W. Baker buried in Forest Lawn on 25 Jun 1920 in Section 5 Lot 282 Grave 2.

(The DB is on USGENWEB>NE>Douglas>Cemeteries)

If you think this is the George you are looking for, contact GOGS at:
http://gogsmembers.wordpress.com/contact us/
and request an obit for him
(NOTE: Did not find him in their DB).

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 11:51PM GMT
Thank you for that, there is a memorial on FindAGrave for this George W Baker and it's not ours, there is no headstone, but there is a daughter and wife also buried on that lot, and our George didn't have any family, according to the story in the Newspaper, that's why the lawyer was looking for his brothers, I realize as it is with this family the child and wife could have died earlier than him thus he wouldn't have any family at the time of death, but I don't think this one is ours. Might not hurt to ask for an obituary any way it would eliminate one if he isn't ours and it would be nice on the memorial site on FindAGrave.

I appreciate the help. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
karond_1

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:21AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2013 4:25AM GMT
Might try searching the "Onmaha Bee" on Chronicling America.

Another thot, on http:www.omahahistory.org/
>Collections

You might want to Email Archivist (on left) and request information.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 11:54AM GMT
Thank you so much this looks like it could be a helpful site, and I wasn't aware of it.

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Karon Dunifin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions