Search for content in message boards

Marth,Peter Alexander

Marth,Peter Alexander

Margaret Marth Lenz (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Dec 2006 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: Marth, Conroy
Looking for information about Grandfather Peter Alexander MARTH,Sr. born: 02 Feb 1862; pob?Germany; Parents? siblings?
arr.US? married Catherine Ann CONROY on 11 Apr.1898,New York City,NY. Moved to Talbot Co,Maryland near the town of Easton.Died 12 Oct.1914 in Talbot Co.Maryland.

Re: Marth,Peter Alexander

rosemarymarthbutler (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2006 4:48PM GMT
I am searching for information about my grat grandfather peter alexander. I came across ancestry.com I ampeter e marth's daughter, williamconroy marth is my grandfather and peter alexander is my greatgrandfather.

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 8:24PM GMT
Someone in your family had a family tree posted on familysearch.org. It indicated that Peter Alexander Marth was born in Germany on 2/2/1862/63 and died in Easton, Talbot, Maryland on 10/12/1914. He was married to Catherine Conroy in New York City. She was born in Ireland. Catherine Conroy was my greatgrandmother's (Jane Conroy Lynch) sister. They had several children including Peter, Helen, Joseph, Bernard, William and Paul. I have been tracing the Conroy line. Jane, Catherine and several brothers immigrated to New York. They apparently came from Co. Mayo in Ireland. Their parents names were Michael Conroy and Jane O'Hara/O'Hare/Huddy. I have copies of some of their marriage certificates from NYC, but are having difficulty with getting documentation from Ireland.

Posted: 17 Dec 2006 11:51PM GMT
You know more than I do. It is nice to see my great-great grandmother's name. Catherine Conroy was my great grandmother. She died before I was born and I know next to nothing except she came from Ireland. I have a photo of my great grandfather Peter. We have had the name Peter in our family ever since great grandpa. My grandfather was William Conroy Marth. My Dad is Peter Edward, and I have an uncle William Conroy Marth. Let me know if you have any luck in Ireland. I guess I will be searching Germany. Merry Christmas
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions