Search for content in message boards

Bachinski family

Bachinski family

Sandy Cameron (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2003 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Census
Would like to find family members of the Bachinski family in the Vita, Stuartburn area of Manitoba.

Re: Bachinski family

John Bachinski (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2003 2:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also doing some research on the Bachinski name. My father was Thomas Bachinski of Brandon Manitoba and his father was John Bachinski also of Brandon. There were 8 children in my father's family. I just met a first cousin from Winnipeg who was more familar with the Bachinski family.

Please free to e-mail me if this info is of some interest. The Bachinski name (my tribe) was originally Baczynski and the family came from Galicia which was part of the Austro Hungarian Empire at the time, now Poland and Ukraine. They were Polish and Roman Catholic.

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Bachinsky
Thank You for giving me the information that you have on the Bachinski family, all I know is that my father was born in Franklin Manitoba, and that my grand-father lived in Vita Manitoba witch is near Morris. My father told me a few year's ago that our family was from Poland and there was royalty in our family many year's ago. I tried to look up the vital stats from Franklin and see if I could find his birth records, but I had no luck.All my father's brother's are deceased and I can't locate any of my cousins. I would appritiate any kind of information you have on the Bachinski or Bachinsky families. We spelled our last name with a (Y) but my one uncle spelled his with a (i) There were William,Morris,Mike,Stan Thank You again. Sandy Cameron (Bachinsky)

Posted: 28 Sep 2003 1:08PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: Bachinski, Bachinsky
Hi Sandy:

I don't know if this is your family or not.

From the Manitoba Vital Stats site:

http://web2.gov.mb.ca/cca/vital/Query.php

Their is a Michael Bachinsky who died at Brandon on August 19, 1914 at the age of 37 years. Man. Vital Stats. Reg. No. 1914-116030
(This was the only Bachinsky that I found.)

Under Bachinski their were four. but none match the names that you have posted however people some times have more than one name. Three of them died in the eastern region of the provience R. M. of Labroquerie, R. M. of St. Ann's, and Beausejour. The forth was in Brandon.

Vita and Stuartburn are both on the eastern side of the Red River Vita is in the R. M. of Stuartburn. Just north of the Manitoba / North Dakota Border. Their is also a R. M. of Franklin that is on the west side of the R. M. of Stuartburn. I'm not sure which municipality that the town of Stuartburn is in Stuartburn or Franklin.The town of Labroquerie and the R. M. of Labroquerie would be stright north of the town of Vita.The R. M. of St. Ann's is on the north side of the R. M. of Labroquerie, and Beasuejour is north still. All pretty much in a straight line.

The town of Franklin is in the Western part of the provience just north of the Yellowhead Hwy. # 16, between Neepawa and Minnedosa.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary

Posted: 28 Sep 2003 2:03PM GMT
Thank You for your information Rosemary, I will see what I can find, it gives me a little more to work with. Sandy

john bachinski (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2003 3:04PM GMT
The one Bachinski is Maggie Bachinski who was my Grandmother. I am connected to the Brandon Bachinski's and if you have any questions in that area I can try and help.

Some of my family kept the original spelling Baczynski.
I get a lot of junk so mail so if I missed an earlier message my apologies.
John

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 7:51AM GMT
I am the greatgranddaughter of John and Magdalena Bachynski of Brandon MB and have lot's of information and photographs of the family and have now started looking into the family of Magdalena.If info is needed for your own search into the family,please feel free to contact me.

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 6:29PM GMT
HI,
My Husband Is From The La Broquerie Bachinskis', I Know That One Of The Family Moved to The Brandon Area And Started A Store. If You Need Any More Info, Please EmailMe And Let Me Konw.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions