Search for content in message boards

Hannah Willey

Hannah Willey

Posted: 17 May 2002 8:30PM GMT
Looking for parents and any other info on Hannah Willey who married Stephen Switser, 2 Mar 1812, in Wheelock, VT.
They had at least 2 children:
1. Stephen Switser, b. July 1813
2. Hannah Ellen Switser b. abt 1816

Re: Hannah Willey

Posted: 1 Jul 2002 5:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2004 6:35PM GMT
I believe Hannah may be the daughter of John Willey and Tamson (?).
Record of John Willey family from Sheffield town records.
John Willey b. 14 Nov 1759
Tamson Willey b. 15 May 1761
Susannah Willey b. 17 Jul 1785
William Willey b. 9 Feb 1787
John Willey b. 10 Dec 1788
Dorothy Willey b. 15 Dec 1790
Hannah Willey b. 12 Dec 1792
Tamson Willey b. 5 May 1797
Solomon Willey b. 1 Sep 1799
Samuel Willey b. 2 Mar 1802
I can't make out the last three names:
Bebaiah Willey b. 5 Jun 1804
Lottey Willey b. 5 Jun 1804
Iohobord Willey b. 16 Jun 1807

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2004 1:10AM GMT
Randall, do you have a Thomas WILLEY in any of your records? I am researching a Thomas WILLEY who possibly lived in VT. See my Nov. 14 post, "Thomas WILLEY."

Posted: 20 Nov 2002 12:27PM GMT
Sorry, the only Willey I have, (so far), is Hannah.

Randy

Posted: 20 Nov 2002 12:33PM GMT
Thanks for the information!! Sorry I took so long to respond. I forgot about my original post to this area. Again, thanks, I will start working on this.

Randy

Brenda Costello (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2002 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: Willey, Switser
Please keep me posted if you are able to find any more out about Stephen Switser and/or Hannah Willey. They are my GGGG grandparents.
What I gave you is as far back as I have gone thus far. I'm thinking this family may have moved there from New Hampshire as the entry I found listing all the family members was in the first town record book so they must have moved there from somewhere. It's too bad the entry didn't say where they came from. I also have a Berry who settled in the same area who came from Barrington, NH. I live in Rochester, NH and was at the library a couple of weeks ago and was looking through some of the local town history books and found some Willey's in Farmington, NH. I don't have enough information to make any connection here though. I didn't look for real estate transactions yet. There may be a reference to where they came from in a deed if he purchased property and then moved his family there. If you have other ideas on where to look next, I would be interested in hearing them and if there is anything I can do on my end, please let me know.

Brenda

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 1:50PM GMT
I will keep you posted. By the way Stephen & Hannah are my GGGG grandparents also.

Randy

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: BERRY GRAY WILLEY FRENCH HARDY SMITH
Brenda,
I am a descendant of Dorothy WILLEY and Samuel BERRY who moved to Vermont from Barrington, NH. I would like to excange information with you...I hope you are still active on Ancestry; I see this post if over 10 years old. Please contact me if you recieve this message (on this message board or email, either way).

peters.william@frontier.com

Thanks,
Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions