Search for content in message boards

trying to find info. about past

brown family

marlene (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: brown, arnett, lee
I have brown family from ohio. My great grandmother was born in (I think) Hicksville. Her name was Effie Sylvene Brown born in 1898. She married Virgil Clyde Arnett.
Her parents were Columbus Francisco Brown and Mary Ann Johnson. I believe that Columbus' mother was a Lee.
Who is your aunt and when was she born? Feel free to email me.
Edited: 1 Nov 2004 12:08AM GMT
If you were to post some names (given as well as surname) along with some dates and any place names you have, folks might be able to assist you in finding your family. :))

trying to find info. about past

tonya (View posts)
Surnames: van dyke, brown
i have family i never even met.it would be my aunt on my mother side[brown]if someone has answers to either side of my family please respond.

Re: brown family

Posted: 24 Sep 2006 9:52PM GMT
This would have been my granmother her name was Leola Rose VAughn that married Whetstone. But she got with Auddie Brown. She was born 1916. She got with this man had two sons. They Grew up with this man because my grandmother died with Cancer.l Have been searching for my uncles. My mother would be their sister also searched but recently passed. But I am still seeking. They were supposed to have lived somewhere in or around Columbus.

Re: brown family

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: Drumm Whetstone Vaughn Brown
Leola Rose Vaughn born circa 1916 married Pearl Whetstone had a daughter Barbalue Whetstone 1935. Then Leola disappeared leaving her daughter behind. Then the story is told Leola was married with Fred Drumm or an Auddie Brown. We are guessing it was Fred Drumm and had 2 sons Jerry and Michael. During birth with the youngest of the 2 Leola died. No one knows the truth and the person who did would never tell my grandmother Barbalue. She was seeking her 2 brothers for many years before she died in 2004. Everyone resided in Ohio, or atleast thats what we were told. Clark county, Washington Courthouse etc.... anyone with any info on Jerry or Michael Please let us know.

Re: trying to find info. about past

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: brown,fisher,
Tonya, i too am trying to find info. what is your mothers name. I can probly help somewhat. my grandmothers name was Ellen brown, her mother was mary anna lee brown. her father was columbus francisco brown. i do believe there were 8 children.....please keep in touch morene fisher/ krempl in seattle.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic