Search for content in message boards

Obituaries-John W. Miller & Hannah Lindow Miller

Obituaries-John W. Miller & Hannah Lindow Miller

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 11:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miller
I am seeking obituaries for the named persons named below:
John W. Miller b. 1854, d. 1939 Buried in Adair Cemetery, St. Clair Co., MI
Hannah (Johannah)Lindow Miller b. 2 August 1859, d. 1940, buried Adair Cemetery, St. Clair Co., MI. They operated the general store and post office at Adair and may have attended the First German Evangelical Church in Adair. I am particularly interested in any mention of the married name of their daughter Nora. Thank you for clues or ideas where I can look. Maymie

Re: Obituaries-John W. Miller & Hannah Lindow Miller

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 4:13PM GMT
Go to www.familysearch.org - they have transcripted Michigan death records 1921- 1952 "Michigan Death Certificates" and that will give you the exact dates of the deaths. That will make it much easier to locate the obits. The St. Clair Co. Library will look them up for a fee, or I might be able to get them the next time I'm up that way.

Check also the Macomb Co. genweb site where many obits are indexed. See what you find out and let me know.

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2013 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Miller
Thank you for the reply. Thru FamilySearch I did find a death date for John W. Miller (d. 22 April 1939). If I want to make a request is it done on line? Is the St. Clair Co. library in Port Huron?. This is not urgent--if you are inclined to look for me I would be grateful. Could not find a death date for "Hannah" Johanna Lindow Miller. According to Adair cemetery records the year of death is 1940. Did not find anything thru Macomb genweb site tho I am not sure I was in the right place! Thank you again for the suggestions. Maymie

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 3:31AM GMT
Hi, I received your latest message via e-mail from Ancestry re David McKee but I could not reply to it. There is some kind of mix-up on Ancestry regarding my user name because it is different that the one on rootsweb. The best way to correspond with me is through my regular e-mail suzyfrtz@gmail.com.

OK. Back to business. I found Hannah Miller on familysearch in the Michigan Death Certificates born 2 Aug. 1859 China Township, St. Clair Co., died 22 Nov. 1940 Detroit, Wayne Co., parents William Lindow and Minnie.

I don't know when I'll be getting up to the library in Port Huron. I'm having alot of company soon. If you can wait until the middle/end of July I will stop by and look up the obits for you. Remind me if you don't hear from me.

About David McKee. In the 1894 census he, wife Alvina, and children Ellen and William were living on Pleasant Street in Marine City. My guess is that he is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in Marine City. The names in the cemetery records on-line came from tombstone transcriptions that were done by the St. Clair Co. Family History Group in the 1980's. If his stone was damaged, or there wasn't one in the first place, his name would not have been recorded. Some of the graves located on Belle River actually fell into the river. So your best bet is to call the Marine City clerk 810-765-8830. The older records can be very incomplete. For example, I have seen the map which gives a whole section of the cemetery as a blank "Old graves" with no individual names. But it is worth a call. The other cemetery in Marine City is Catholic, Holy Cross. There are some small family cemeteries around the area, but I think the transcriptions are all on-line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions