Search for content in message boards

Barbour Family Cemetery location

Barbour Family Cemetery location

Posted: 5 May 2013 8:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones
I need info on the location of the Barbour Family Cemetery.
Everett James Jones is suppose to be buried according to his Death Certificate.
Any help is appreciated.

Re: Barbour Family Cemetery location

Posted: 6 May 2013 4:36AM GMT
per Findagrave.com

Barbour Family Cemetery

Allen Crossroads Road & Juniper Church Road
Benson
Johnston County
North Carolina USA

Posted: 6 May 2013 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Jones Barbour
You can find locations of many cemeteries via Google Map at:
http://www.johnstoncountygenealogy.org/resources/cemeteries....

The only "Barbour" named cemeteries in Johnston County that have Jones buried in them is Barbour's Chapel Advent Christian Church at http://www.johnstoncountygenealogy.org/resources/cemeterydet.... However, there are many Jones family members buried in numerous cemeteries in Johnston county.

Keep in mind that the "family cemetery" designation on death certificates often times refers to the family's plot within a cemetery rather than the cemetery name itself (i.e. - Barbour is not necessarily the name of the cemetery).

Posted: 6 May 2013 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Barbour
That is a good point. What my wife's family calls their Barbour family cemetery is actually the Angier cemetery in Angier, Harnett County. I just realized this weekend that the Angier Cemetery is not listed at Find A Grave website, and her family is shown there in the wrong cemetery, Angier Community Cemetery which is nearby. It was my mistake that put them there. This weekend I requested the Angier cemetery be added at Find A Grave. Once it appears, i will move her family to the proper place. I have never found a connection between her Barbour family in Harnett County and the Barbour's of neighboring Johnston County.

Posted: 6 May 2013 2:06PM GMT
Which Barbour family does your wife descend from?

Posted: 6 May 2013 2:35PM GMT

Posted: 6 May 2013 10:23PM GMT
Thank you

Posted: 6 May 2013 10:24PM GMT
Thank You!!

Posted: 6 May 2013 10:40PM GMT
I am doing this for a coworker. His Grandmother is Virginia Florence Barbour 14 Jul 1887 - 28 Dec 1935 daughter of Abraham J. Barbour Born Oct 1829. She married Everett James Jones 04 Mar 1906.

My coworker want to visit his grave he has not seen since he was a child. It is just matter of finding the location of the cemetery written on Jones' death certificate.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic